Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

I have that heavy rain at the moment and yes it was supposed to be dry today! :doh:  I'm not going to comment on the standard of recent weather forecasts! :whistling:

Because, like everyone has been saying for several days, showers are very difficult to predict. In fact, this morning there were some suggestions that showers could break out.

But if you think it's so easy, start studying the charts yourself!  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Because, like everyone has been saying for several days, showers are very difficult to predict. In fact, this morning there were some suggestions that showers could break out.

But if you think it's so easy, start studying the charts yourself!  :D

No comment! :laugh: Still raining on what was supposed to be a dry sunny day! Just saying! :p

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I predicting the future (or the weather) was easy we would all be doing it :)

Just to add it has been a nice sunny and warm day/evening here, and just met the extra fifteen new chicks the parents have got (3 week olds)

post-8057-0-71609400-1404155034_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I see the heavy rain that was heading to us has stalled and dissipated just before Maidstone. Guess it can't make it up Bluebell Hill!

Edited by Lauren
  • Like 1

Posted

hi all

today here has been yuk

tonight these showers will finally stop around midnight

temps not cold but could feel chillier than of late

potential for mist and fog where you have had rain today

-------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a variable flow but should be more south-south east flow

light winds but may get breezy on south coastal regions in the afternoon

it looks dry but the very far south and south west of our region may get some light showers in the afternoon

temps

Posted Image

coastal regions around 17-18 degrees

others 20-21 degrees

will be a day of some cloud some sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

dry and temps

Posted Image

could feel on the chilly side

a chance of some mist patches locally

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a very weak westerly flow

and will be dry

also there is a better chance of seeing a lot of sun today :friends:

temps

Posted Image

coastal 19-21 = v nice

others 24-26 degrees and will feel less humid :) :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

warm on wednesday night and dry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

should be pretty warm and dry

however holding this for now as that front incoming keeps getting shifted around

anyway guys i hope that helps

regards

john

• Like 9

Posted

I see the heavy rain that was heading to us has stalled and dissipated just before Maidstone. Guess it can't make it up Bluebell Hill!

it is a steep hill

Posted

Good post again JP  :good:

• Like 3

Posted

Picking up on a couple of points here no-one of couse is saying forecasting, especially in potentially showery situations, is easy but yesterday the Beeb morning TV presentation (and the previous evenings) of the day's likely events in our region was way off the mark. Emphasis was on a lot of dry weather and sunshine with just a few unlucky people seeing a shower. Istead we had a cool, largely cloudy and rather wet day. Carol Kirkwood I notice this morning was far more circumspect with her choice of words, emphasising the risk is still there of showers, so I'm guessing they are well aware of their error. The Wimbledon scheduling committee have been criticised but I'm kind of betting the Met Offoce had given them a far better forecast than the reality we saw yesterday.

My hunch fwiw is that today won't be like yesterday and we will have a fine pleasant day!

• Like 2

Posted

Picking up on a couple of points here no-one of couse is saying forecasting, especially in potentially showery situations, is easy but yesterday the Beeb morning TV presentation (and the previous evenings) of the day's likely events in our region was way off the mark. Emphasis was on a lot of dry weather and sunshine with just a few unlucky people seeing a shower. Istead we had a cool, largely cloudy and rather wet day. Carol Kirkwood I notice this morning was far more circumspect with her choice of words, emphasising the risk is still there of showers, so I'm guessing they are well aware of their error. The Wimbledon scheduling committee have been criticised but I'm kind of betting the Met Offoce had given them a far better forecast than the reality we saw yesterday.My hunch fwiw is that today won't be like yesterday and we will have a fine pleasant day!

Also noticed her top was rather low

Posted

Afternoon all

After a cool and dry start it became very warm and sunny, clouded over now though but still rather warm.

A batch of butterflies (admirals I think) have all blossomed today and the back wall and fence are littered with them all out catching the sun and warmth as they prepare for their next stage in life.

Posted

Sunny 21.1c! There is a possibility that the weekend will be cool and unsettled with a NE breeze and heavy rain!

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely day out there. Would be nice to see rain at the weekend as the lawn is dying despite me watering it.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day out there. Would be nice to see rain at the weekend as the lawn is dying despite me watering it.

Things aren't growing well in my garden despite me watering them! Tap water doesn't seem to agree with them, so rain will be appreciated here too! Not sure how long the unsettled spell will last!

• Like 2

Posted

On the other hand I spent ages last week meticulously putting weedkiller down only for it to rain unexpectedly an hour later and washing it all off! :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

made another five goose egg based quiche tonight, that is the freezer stocked up for the next month at least.

Had the kitchen door and windows open and kept taling trips into the garden whilst baking (also did a further tidy of the front garden too), quite a productive evening I feel.  And great to take advantage of the good weather here, sunny and warm, little breeze and very dry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day here light winds and plenty of sunshine with temperatures into the low twenties :)

Looks like warming up for the rest of the week. Shame the weekend looks a little naff though.

• Like 1

Posted

the weekend I have off and a show (steam rally to go to, that one BAH!)

• Like 1

Posted

Things aren't growing well in my garden despite me watering them! Tap water doesn't seem to agree with them, so rain will be appreciated here too! Not sure how long the unsettled spell will last!

Hope your plants pick up soon. I can't remember the name of it at the mo but there is something I buy 4 sachets for £1 water once a year and the plants seem to thrive even if I have to use rock hard London water. I discovered it during the drought a few years ago. I'll pop to the shed tomorrow and find it. Can't let the weather get in the way of gardening.I picked my 1st outdoor cucumber of the season tonight and the last summer raspberries, both early this year and I have blackberries turning red already! 

I have the next 2 days free and I'll be in the garden  :yahoo:  Thank you JP for the updates, much appreciated. Now if it could be dry on Saturday till 3ish I'd be so happy! It can rain after that.I hope all this early fruit and the reports of early autumn behavior of some wildlife doesn't mean an early winter. That won't make for a happy Tadpole 

• Like 2

Posted

Hope your plants pick up soon. I can't remember the name of it at the mo but there is something I buy 4 sachets for £1 water once a year and the plants seem to thrive even if I have to use rock hard London water. I discovered it during the drought a few years ago. I'll pop to the shed tomorrow and find it. Can't let the weather get in the way of gardening.I picked my 1st outdoor cucumber of the season tonight and the last summer raspberries, both early this year and I have blackberries turning red already! 

I have the next 2 days free and I'll be in the garden  :yahoo:  Thank you JP for the updates, much appreciated. Now if it could be dry on Saturday till 3ish I'd be so happy! It can rain after that.I hope all this early fruit and the reports of early autumn behavior of some wildlife doesn't mean an early winter. That won't make for a happy Tadpole 

Thanks Tadpole! Yes hard London water isn't ideal for the garden! Your vegetables are thriving, cucumbers already! :shok: How are the water melons? Pretty cool out tonight!

• Like 2

Posted

hi all

what captain says sums it up

will update the weekend tomorrow night

best regards

john

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all, Another bright and sunny start to the day....looks like its gonna get hot.....probably hotter tomorrow.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Warm and sunny with some fair weather cloud bubbling up, a bit confused by the met forecast, text forecast says highs of 26C yet the graphical and radio are saying 22-23C

Posted

Pleasant day here with temp around 20c with a few clouds, note that further East, probably over sea cloud cover is extensive.

Am puzzled by talk of early Autumn as here we have several pairs of Blackbirds feeding 2nd broods.

Posted

Afternoon all

That is hump  day done, all downhill to the weekend now, next couple of days weather is looking good still, I have this evening completely open at this time, no jobs set aside to be done apart from the washing up, so just may take myself out to the garden for an hour later and read my book since it remains warm and dry (sun has gone at best hazy mind in the cloud that has moved into the area.

• Like 1