Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

And the T-Storm warning has disappeared from my area for tomorrow and Saturday despite the Met now issuing a warning. Considering the BBC get their info from tbe Met, this makes no sense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

And the T-Storm warning has disappeared from my area for tomorrow and Saturday despite the Met now issuing a warning. Considering the BBC get their info from tbe Met, this makes no sense.

Thunderstorms gone from here too, just rain now, then a weekend of cloud! But as you say, the beeb get their forecast from the met! :cc_confused: :cc_confused: :cc_confused: :cc_confused:

Posted

BBC Graphics often will not match up with MetO, as the presenter will enter their own/other data. 

In Thunderstorm potential forecasts, It's best to not rely on the BBC as the nature of the graphics means it can look less likely than it actually is. 

Edited by saint

Posted

BBC Graphics often will not match up with MetO, as the presenter will enter their own/other data. 

That explains that, so the met office are being over ruled?

Posted

That explains that, so the met office are being over ruled?

Not overruled, just other data will be included by the presenter. The MetO will give them the 'basics' and then whoever is presenting will add more/modify, or just go along with it. 

As we get closer, into this evening, we should see forecasts change again. 

Edited by saint
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I still got a thunder symbol for my area on the bbc for 3pm  on Friday, LoL.  (If it's gonna blow it will blow during the school run, i guess)

• Like 1

Posted

Not overruled, just other data will be included by the presenter. The MetO will give them the 'basics' and then whoever is presenting will add more/modify, or just go along with it. 

As we get closer, into this evening, we should see forecasts change again. 

thanks saint!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Would love a decent storm, been quite too long!

• Like 1

Posted

I think yourself in NW London could do well, I make no promises, but you should see some action! (Hopefully, anyway!)

Any idea when the storms will arrive, last time i checked it was tomorrow afternoon!

• Like 2

Posted

I vote Bedford for Storms but only on Friday! :clapping:

• Like 1

Posted

I vote Bedford for Storms but only on Friday! :clapping:

You might be a bit too far north!............... Just kidding! Think the showers will make it into the Midlands!

• Like 2

Posted

You might be a bit too far north!............... Just kidding! Think the showers will make it into the Midlands!

Midlands and areas north of London, at the moment, are probably prime location. However, London should get involved!

• Like 1

Posted

noooooooo :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted

noooooooo :crazy:

I really hope that you and Lauren get storms tomorrow, sounds like you haven't had any decent storms for ages!  22C windy, sunny!

• Like 4

Posted

Turned into a pleasant afternoon, some sunny spells have lifted the temperature to 21C.

• Like 1

Posted

I dream of the day where I can get through a week without warnings and threats of storms. Winter, summer, autumn...doesn't matter when, storm chance, storm chance storm ******* chance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I dream of the day where I can get through a week without warnings and threats of storms. Winter, summer, autumn...doesn't matter when, storm chance, storm chance storm ******* chance.

Very strange, you must have not been happy in the 90's, no end of storms back then. Nowadays it's as if they've been put on strike. Consider yourself lucky!
  • Like 1

Posted

Very strange, you must have not been happy in the 90's, no end of storms back then. Nowadays it's as if they've been put on strike. Consider yourself lucky!

Personally I've seen a fair amount here and don't understand the constant complaints on here. Was only a year back that we had basically the worst storm I've seen in the 26 years I've been alive where it was nonstop strikes for about 10 hours. Ideal summer for me isn't lightning bolts potentially striking me or my house mate  :p though obviously I understand plenty of people love them. Just seems anytime I come on nowadays it's 'potential thunderstorms'. Not all of them come to anything but obviously as somebody who dislikes them, it bloody annoys the hell out of me.

Now if we want to complain about no snow then I'll happily join in that one  :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Personally I've seen a fair amount here and don't understand the constant complaints on here. Was only a year back that we had basically the worst storm I've seen in the 26 years I've been alive where it was nonstop strikes for about 10 hours. Ideal summer for me isn't lightning bolts potentially striking me or my house mate  :p though obviously I understand plenty of people love them. Just seems anytime I come on nowadays it's 'potential thunderstorms'. Not all of them come to anything but obviously as somebody who dislikes them, it bloody annoys the hell out of me. Now if we want to complain about no snow then I'll happily join in that one  :laugh:

Couldn't get enough of that storm!! Was mega. And yes. We defo need more snow should we see no real heat or storms that is!

Posted

Personally I've seen a fair amount here and don't understand the constant complaints on here. Was only a year back that we had basically the worst storm I've seen in the 26 years I've been alive where it was nonstop strikes for about 10 hours. Ideal summer for me isn't lightning bolts potentially striking me or my house mate  :p though obviously I understand plenty of people love them. Just seems anytime I come on nowadays it's 'potential thunderstorms'. Not all of them come to anything but obviously as somebody who dislikes them, it bloody annoys the hell out of me.

Now if we want to complain about no snow then I'll happily join in that one  :laugh:

I haven't seen snow for 1 year 3 months! :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: :cray: Clouding over here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I haven't seen a proper storm since El Gordo, although I am giving last years night storm a slight nod as it did give T&L but not overhead.