Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Hi Tadpole! Looks like we are stuck with what we have got for a while longer! Increasing amounts of sunshine are forecast! The garden can do with some rain though!

Hi lassie, well more sunshine is always welcome especially for my watermelons, squashes and the rest of my dinner in the garden.I'll give my lungs some fresher air tomorrow as I'm down at mums on the beach. Always nice clean air there, well, it feels it but I'm never sure being that close to a nuclear power station is good for you. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hi lassie, well more sunshine is always welcome especially for my watermelons, squashes and the rest of my dinner in the garden.I'll give my lungs some fresher air tomorrow as I'm down at mums on the beach. Always nice clean air there, well, it feels it but I'm never sure being that close to a nuclear power station is good for you. 

I hope it is sunny tomorrow for you on the beach! Wow, your mum lives near a nuclear power station! :shok: The sun has finally broken out now here...........a bit late! 17.9c

• Like 2

Posted

I hope it is sunny tomorrow for you on the beach! Wow, your mum lives near a nuclear power station! :shok: The sun has finally broken out now here...........a bit late! 17.9c

Yep, Dungeness power station. She lives at Greatstone, with a bungalow that backs onto the beach. She has sand dunes not grass when you open the back doors. When people visit Camber sands on the other side of Dungeness they are often unaware how close they are to it.But it's a great area to watch storms coming over from France even if they don't hit there because you can see for miles up and down the coast. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

i live 10 mins down the road from camber,beautiful beach,dungeness is awesome as well,always a privilige to get a taxi fare there........and on a weather note,lovely day here till about 3pm when it got really dark and stormy,then the heavens opened for 10 mins,cloudy now

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, Dungeness power station. She lives at Greatstone, with a bungalow that backs onto the beach. She has sand dunes not grass when you open the back doors. When people visit Camber sands on the other side of Dungeness they are often unaware how close they are to it.But it's a great area to watch storms coming over from France even if they don't hit there because you can see for miles up and down the coast. 

Must be a spectacular sight seeing the lightining out to sea! Enjoy the peace and quiet! The SE is going to stay dry and sunny for the foreseeable future!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

No idea

It is cooler but still quite mild here, think I just notice it more as recent days have been mild, mayhap the closer you are east the cooler it feels?

Pretty much, felt like putting a coat on :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Miserable evening in Essex, 15C and drizzle when I left work. Not so bad in west London though still gloomy and not particularly warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

What happened to the temps since this morning? Glorious start at 730am... T shirt weather and from this afternoon I needed a cardy? What's that all about? X

Posted

What happened to the temps since this morning? Glorious start at 730am... T shirt weather and from this afternoon I needed a cardy? What's that all about? X

British summers in a nutshell Polar Bear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Had a nice walk out to the next village from here this evening and very nice it was too, seen quite a few thrushes out too taking advantage of the calm fine weather too it seems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Same as, blame the high pressure being in the wrong b**** place! You want it there in Winter and it parks itself there in Summer

:(

Posted

Like I said, not too bad here this eveing, seems locale is just as important as the HP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Weak cold front moved through today hence the cloud and cool down from a fabulous warm start. Next few days look lovely, typically I have to work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Judging by the lack of posts in here either a) the current weather is uninspiring, or b) people are afraid to post, which is a shame if so. Feels nice out at 19C and that cloud looks like breaking slowly. Quite boring though it could be a lot worse!

Posted

Judging by the lack of posts in here either a) the current weather is uninspiring, or b) people are afraid to post, which is a shame if so. Feels nice out at 19C and that cloud looks like breaking slowly. Quite boring though it could be a lot worse!

I think we need some interesting weather, like some thunderstorms or a heat wave, or unusual cold! As it stands, one day gloomy, the next even more gloomy, then sunny, then gloomy again, is hard to post about! I'll give it a try though. It started off gloomy but now it's sunny, I'm sure it will become gloomy again soon! :laugh: Temps up and down too, 21.8c at the moment!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hi all,

Been busy with the new job.

Lassie, im now on Ep9 S 5....my word its getting good. I went out last night in my new Los Pollos Hermanos t shirt and got a lot of remarks about it (for those that dont watch breaking bad, my apologies)

Anyway, sun is out, temp is warm.

That is all.....

Oh an its Friday YAY

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

This weather is a bit like Englands attempt of football. If you like storms, that is. :bomb:

Posted

This weather is a bit like Englands attempt of football. If you like storms, that is. :bomb:

Pointless!  Sunny late afternoon here!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely bright afternoon after a cloudy start. Temperatures in the low twenties.

Posted

We have made it to page 3, reeeesult! (how long did that take!)

After a cool and pleasant start to the day here (not cold at all, still in the short sleeve shirts even then) it transpired to be a rather warm day, the light breeze helped but if your out in the war sunshine doing anything other than breathing it does get a bit hot and sweaty.  22.4oC in the shed a while ago.  Still dry too, at this rate the hosepipes will be shot at dawn if seen out, remember the floods?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think it's going to be naturally quieter when the weather is fair. Luckily for me I finished early so have been sunning myself in the garden for the last 2 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It went from cloudy and bleugh to suddenly baking hot. Was burning waiting for lil one to finish school.

Posted

The temps are all over the shop! Hosepipe ban, surely not!!!! We only had ten years worth of rain in the winter!

• Like 2

Posted

I don't think a hosepipe ban is on the cards just yet.

It seems odd that drought is used for two such different things: just over two weeks without rain and the sort of thing that happens in, e.g. east Africa, Australia and the American dust bowl where it doesn't rain for years.