Summer Sun

Sky Bet EFL Championship Discussion

Agreed, most is set out on last seasons form plus the system they use is something to do with chess player...lol

2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

The Sky Sports Championship Predictor is quite the marvel:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10982034/sky-sports-championship-predictor-where-will-leeds-aston-villa-and-the-rest-finish-this-season

60 points needed to avoid relegation, and just 13 points separate the winners (Fulham on 70 points) and last (Millwall on 57 points). I think Aston Villa and big-spending Middlesbrough will be disappointed to find themselves in 14th and 18th respectively.

:shok:

What a load of rubbish that is 13 points between top and bottom... I mean come on what sort of 'data' did they use?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Agreed, most is set out on last seasons form plus the system they use is something to do with chess player...lol

The Sky Sports predictor is based on a system called Elo, originally set up to rate chess players.

The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in competitor-versus-competitor games such as chess......looked this up football was never mentioned.

This system seems to look into individual players not 22 players on a pitch...mind boggling!!! 

6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

The Sky Sports predictor is based on a system called Elo, originally set up to rate chess players.

The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in competitor-versus-competitor games such as chess......looked this up football was never mentioned.

This system seems to look into individual players not 22 players on a pitch...mind boggling!!! 

and facebook scrabble, mine at the moment is 1768

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

and facebook scrabble, mine at the moment is 1768

Back when footy was played with severed heads?:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Back when footy was played with severed heads?:D

Yep they used to get severely water logged 

• Haha 1

1st points of the season for Boro after a 1-0 win against Sheffield United... and yes the 'goal' they thought they scored was offside

14 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

1st points of the season for Boro after a 1-0 win against Sheffield United... and yes the 'goal' they thought they scored was offside

No it wasn't it's when the ball is played.  An own goal that should have stood no whether it was a free kick is another matter.

Anyway the game re-enforces my view that the championship hasn't a lot to be afraid off. United should finish mid table and then can build for  a promotion push next season.

Another Stella result for wolves. 6 points against boro and derby  very pleased 

50 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Another Stella result for wolves. 6 points against boro and derby  very pleased 

Yes a good start for your lot though I doubt you'd have beaten us if it wasn't for Ayala's stupidity which gifted you the goal

Posted (edited)

Wolves whats going on . Brilliant result at hull  from a very difficult start 9 points is great . Another difficult fixture next. Cardiff at home 

Edited by weirpig

Ipswich town, what is going on? Three wins on the bounce, I don't even want to comprenhend what might be coming... :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Ipswich town, what is going on? Three wins on the bounce, I don't even want to comprenhend what might be coming... :rofl:

2 million quid for the strikers from my club Rangers....................not exactly a bad deal so far!