Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tigers About the House

Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Tigers About the House,

a three-part documentary series about Giles Clark's life with Spot and Stripe, begins on Monday 16 July on BBC Two at 8pm.

When two rare Sumatran tigers were born in Australia Zoo, north of Brisbane, they were sent to live with one of the keepers for the first few months of their lives. Giles Clark describes what happened when he took them home.

Spot and Stripe were not the first tiger cubs I'd raised in my front room.

I first did it about 20 years ago, when I was still living at my mum's house in north London and was working at a small zoo nearby. I hand-reared numerous litters of lions and tigers there.

Now I live in Australia and have worked at the same place in Queensland for 11 years - these are the first tiger cubs that have ever been born at Australia Zoo.

Globally, a third of Sumatran cubs in captivity don't make it to adulthood, so to ensure their survival I decided to give them round the clock care at home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27832684

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Many thanks for posting about this series, really looking forward to it. My 4 felines are domesticated but still fancy their chances at times. I've searched for it in my SKY planner but says it is on this week, Tuesday I think.

Posted

really enjoyed the program, looking forward to nextweek

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Wasn't it just fabulous. Those tiger cubs are stunning (as is the mum and all the other tigers).......think I missed my vocation in life, it must be the best job ever. What a privilege to be able to work with them. I can really see the wild tiger in my domestic babes, similar characteristics in so many ways especially my cheeky new male tabby cat. Just check the TV schedule though Jax as I have a feeling the second one is tonight and the last installment tomorrow. Don't want to see any of the poaching scenes though........know it goes on but my blood starts to boil.

Posted

It was and a friendly *BUMP* as it is on again tonight :) Ep 2 and the last part tomorrow (as SC pointed out)