Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and Convective Discussion 10th June Onwards

The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I am getting quite nervous now, I hope it gets here (if it does) quickly so I can go to bed after, I need to get up early.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Chucking it down again, thought it had all cleared.

Now further flashes and rumbles to my W-NW!

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Intra cloud lightning here in MK is incredible, basically the whole length of MK from as far south as Leighton Buzzard all the way back north is experiencing very long bolts and the thunder has been rolling from one side of the city right across to the other end, no rain either it's friggin awesome even if the lightning is very elevated and the thunder not extremely loud  :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm, Snow, Wind, Any Extremes :)

Just pulled over when driving from back from Work (Salisbury to Southampton) to observe some fantastic IC lightning.  Literally non stop!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs (Weekends) - RAF Benson, Oxon (During the week!)
  • Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs (Weekends) - RAF Benson, Oxon (During the week!)

Round two... Loudest and closest strikes I have ever heard! WOOOW!!

Posted

Totally amazing storm here and to make things even better all the road lights went out. I have recorded the whole thing but it's 40 mins long, I couldn't hold the camera any longer so had to stop. I will try and cut it and merge it together to make it shorter and then upload. Still going crazy here. 

I'm so happy finally a direct hit in Aylesbury and at night too hehe. oh Btw the rain was epic lol

• Like 3

Posted

That's me done for the night I'm off to bed, got my fix of night time lightning and some nice thunder. It's still flashing and rumbling well in the distance, so good luck to those south of here who haven't seen anything yet,,,  :D 

• Like 2

Posted

That's me done for the night I'm off to bed, got my fix of night time lightning and some nice thunder. It's still flashing and rumbling well in the distance, so good luck to those south of here who haven't seen anything yet,,,  :D 

looks like im on the chopping block next, can see lightning quite brightly to my NNW, no thunder yet,

Lightning radars have picked up one or two strikers near here, but I haven't heard it seen anything haha!

look west mate.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Still flashing and banging off the the south and east. The occasional closer strike but for the most part moving away. Keeping an eye on what's coming in behind it, but might call it a night soon. Some fantastic lightning observed tonight. Without doubt some of the best I've seen. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Sweet FA here as per usual.

Posted

Hi Mesoscale, took your advice, and although I can't get a great angle, just saw a flash. It's bright, isn't it?!

It looks less like lightning and more like power lines going awry it's so bright haha!

Edited by saint
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi Mesoscale, took your advice, and although I can't get a great angle, just saw a flash. It's bright, isn't it?!It looks less like lightning and more like power lines going awry it's so bright haha!

Yeah haha its pretty blue, are you getting thunder at the moment?

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Yeah haha its pretty blue, are you getting thunder at the moment?

We're a fair bit further away from it than you I think, but we've barely got any thunder. I've heard maybe one distant rumble despite numerous flashes, what about you?

Posted

We're a fair bit further away from it than you I think, but we've barely got any thunder. I've heard maybe one distant rumble despite numerous flashes, what about you?

Not really, we have got some but distant, its now really raining, I was wondering if the bit that just hit you had thunder in it.

Posted

Not really, we have got some but distant, its now really raining, I was wondering if the bit that just hit you had thunder in it.

Yeah, we had the heavy rain pass through about 10 mins ago.Considering earlier posts reported more activity near Milton Keynes, we might have a bit more action to come, but I'm not entirely sure.Edit- One or two distant rumbles. Edited by saint