Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and Convective Discussion 10th June Onwards

The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

If the Swindon storm keeps going as it is now, Marlborough, Hungerford, Highclere and Maybe Newbury could see a nice show.

I'm poised and waiting intently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Look forward to it AJ, any chance you can encourage the cells to move SW rather than SE?!

No, no. no. I want my storm dose for the year, only about the tenth Thunder day of 2014 if it does happen. ;)

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Something is going on round here, still 19.5'c with a very warm wind that is swirling about, also large splodgey convective drops of rain are sporadically making it down to ground level.

• Like 1

Posted

Normally only shows cloud to ground so often when you get a storm you see much more lightning at your location compared to what the lightning maps show. This is why you often get storms not showing on lightningmaps, I had one back in May and it was all cloud-cloud and didn't show at all on lightningmaps.

Thanks for that.

Still flashing around here and close to Swindon centre

Posted

ame="Harry" post="2988774" timestamp="1402694088"]Yes:) seriously it's actually quite intense. Lightning seems to be to my east but only by a few miles. Somewhere between here and Basingstoke. I'm suprised people in my area can't see it. Some of the flashes are brilliant. Estimate at least thirty strikes in the last half hour

Dude I saw some awesome forks! I literally jsut came in from the garden as it started! I saw loads of gorgeous forks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Kaddy not keen for many (or any) of those showers and thunderstorms reaching here, but didnt rule it out completely. Very warm still with a nice breeze and some quite robust looking cloud way off to my WSW...whether that's the Hants cell or not I can't tell...

Dude I saw some awesome forks! I literally jsut came in from the garden as it started! I saw loads of gorgeous forks.

No green eyes here...none whatsoever, nope, none... :cray:
  • Like 1

Posted

No thunder or lightning here in Aylesbury but we have a rather heavy incoming shower sob sob lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Blimey, it's a bit warm tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Something is going on round here, still 19.5'c with a very warm wind that is swirling about, also large splodgey convective drops of rain are sporadically making it down to ground level.

Been in the garden, and it soo lovely out there. Saw the cloud over in your direction, saw the clear spot over mine. No rain, but got the warm wind. Still can smell the rainy summer rain smell and that wind is getting up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

So humid out there. I can see lightning again to my Northeast. That cell must be slow moving for sure...

Posted

Still rumbling around here. I wonder if the Stroud cell is going to fire up when it gets to us

• Like 1

Posted

Been in the garden, and it soo lovely out there. Saw the cloud over in your direction, saw the clear spot over mine. No rain, but got the warm wind. Still can smell the rainy summer rain smell and that wind is getting up.

Aye, looking at the latest wind map, there's a convergence zone rapidly approaching our area. It's why the storms to the west / south west of here have fired. Couple of new cells out towards Oxford forming now and a bit of heavy rain brewing to the NW heading this way. Might be lucky and catch something in a while. Latest BBC forecast said more storms developing into the early hours before clearing away to the south coast by morning, Fingers crossed, been ages since I've had any close overnight storms, even the 2012 overnight MCS missed here by 60 miles or so.  :aggressive:

• Like 1

Posted

here's an awesome captured fork.....

Posted Imagedownload.jpg

Looks like its giving us the middle finger too, AJ. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Constant thunder and lightning for a good hour now in Stroud. Some great fork lightning and some really impressive bangs âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸Can't remember a night like this for many years!! Excellent stuff!!

• Like 7

Posted

A friend in Oxford just ext me to say they can see a few flashes of lightning to the north. Here in Aylesbury still dry even though I'm under rain according to the radar lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Well well well. Seen over 30 flashes from here to my North. Wish I was in Stroud now. Got some video footage on the phone so will see If have some stills to upload.

Edited by Karl83

Posted

Nice little cell developed out of nowhere just south of Cambridge. 

Posted

Looking lively for a fair few now, can it keep this up into the early hours. :bomb:

post-7183-0-78246900-1402697101_thumb.pn

Nearly all the cells are moving invariably from NW to SE or WNW to ESE, hopefully you get the idea!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I cannot believe I've seen this much lightning with a high pressure so close by. I understand why but for me this is a first!! Will try get some pictures if I can but I'm far away looking at the stuff going on over Stroud.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Constant thunder and lightning for a good hour now in Stroud. Some great fork lightning and some really impressive bangs âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸Can't remember a night like this for many years!! Excellent stuff!!

Been watching from a distance mate and can see you're having a good time!

Posted

Looking lively for a fair few now, can it keep this up into the early hours. :bomb:

Posted Image2255GMT 130614 NW v6 radar.png

Let's hope so. Seems to have gone a little quieter in the west but new activity is detected around the Oxford area and the two main areas are now almost merged as one. There does seem to be more activity on the back edge at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Posted Image2255GMT 130614 NW v6 radar.png

Nearly all the cells are moving invariably from NW to SE or WNW to ESE, hopefully you get the idea!

Those cells definitely become more widespread :D
  • Like 1

Posted

Gosh everything is moving very slowly tonight, I like that lol nothing worse than strong winds and fast moving showers lol