Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and Convective Discussion 10th June Onwards

The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

As per normal Lightning died out as it reached us. Short sharp shower but nothing else.

This cell near Worksop is fairly productive But thankfully lacking the rain that we had yesterday.

Wind picking up as the storm approaches, watching this one from to house as im in no mood to deal with rush hour traffic, big flash and rumble just now

Missed it to the east here. Can see the dark skies but no lightning or thunder. We're not close enough! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's got quite gusty here, but lovely blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That 2nd cell only produced 2 rumbles and rain was moderate. The first one was much better. It looks like that's it now, just light showers downwind. Still I can't complain, Derby has had a storm of differing intensities every day of the last 4, yesterday's the strongest by far.

Posted

Missed it to the east here. Can see the dark skies but no lightning or thunder. We're not close enough! :(

Yep it crossed over Mansfield, i did catch 4 or 5 good bolts though, East is the only way i can see any distance from my house so it wasn't all bad!

Still, as said by Supacell and LadyEv06, its now been 4 days in a row of thunder! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

A torrential shower dropped the temperature by 6.1C here at 3pm!

post-17320-0-79637400-1402417944_thumb.p

Posted

Couple of rumbles of thunder here and a bit of a shower.  Looks like all the activity is to the south east of my location...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Showers completely died as they went over us..... and are now reforming the other side.  I give up lol.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Despite delivering just a brief spell of heavy rain it dropped the temp by 7C here in an hour. Pretty impressive. Four days of action just a couple of weak thundery showers and one rumble early Saturday.  Showed somebody at work how the storm skirted my address yesterday. He couldn't believe it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Just had another thunderstorm on Exmoor! I think I should bloody stay down here rather than go back to the south-east next month. 

We had a corker of a storm on early Saturday morning about 4AM, immense lightning, and just now we had simultaneous downpours, hail and 20 strikes of lightning or so, which were right above and bloody loud. 

Good stuff indeed. 

• Like 2

Posted

I've just had another storm hit me, few Cg in it but other than that, lots of thunder.. :D

Posted

Big storm that passed over Antrim (N Ireland) around 4pm

post-10825-0-89098000-1402420242_thumb.j

post-10825-0-62237800-1402420253_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

stationary thunderstorm No 4 today, few miles south west of me!

Posted

Storm to the north, south and west, and I'm sat in the middle with sod all!

its getting ridiculous now isnt it, nothing again here,  but storms have developed in the same places to the west of here again,   and now there is one over to the east  of here, but to far to see any lightning or thunder,  

worst place for storms here,  dont get it anymore,   surely its not constant bad luck

Posted

Couple of storms with constant thunder now rumbling round us with an overhead crack about 15 minutes ago This has been accompanied by torrential rain and almost as dark as dusk.Currently17c

Posted

Quite a potent little cell over the South Cave area heading towards Beverley right now. I can hear the thunder in the distance and its getting very dark to the west but it looks like it'll miss here again.

There's been quite a bit of a storm shield here over the last few days, we managed one heavy shower on Sunday evening with a few rumbles of thunder and that's about it.

Edit: looks like another one has appeared in the last 15 minutes that may just clip us.

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Couple of small cells moving north east near liverpool, Can't see them gaining much strength as the 3PM storm to our west dropped the temp by 7 or 8 degrees thus not giving these new cells much power. Heard a distant rumble but looks like  its dying off again before passing to the west of me again. Dammit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Nice view of the Merseyside thunderstorms. Not streaming unfortunately but still nice cloudscapes! http://www.wirralcam.com/

Posted Image

• Like 1