Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Can just see the tops of the setup over towards Sheffield, and its interesting.

Posted Image

any ideas for this pink line, reported last hour near Liverpool, plenty of showers moving through. Mobile phone photo off FB user, what can I tell Barbara?

Regarding the storm that passed west of Tamworth earlier, looks like a bow echo to me?

post-15177-0-82409400-1402309810_thumb.ppost-15177-0-66170200-1402309817_thumb.p

Looks like something is becoming more defined in there.

That's literally right over my head as it turns into a bow shaped echo. Was gusty and intense but the skies didn't look THAT ominous despite the tropical rain.

Wow, that storm over Belgium/Netherlands.. well seems like half the country is about to go down in a storm bigger than we can even imagine..

Posted Image

any ideas for this pink line, reported last hour near Liverpool, plenty of showers moving through. Mobile phone photo off FB user, what can I tell Barbara?

prism from crystals causing it ?  Not sure looks pretty

Posted Image

The question is, was it spotted before or after the photo was taken? As it looks like lens flare to me?

Something appears to have popped up due south of me in the Mansfield direction..

For anyone who is following this storm in the Netherlandshttp://www.studio040.nl/webcam.html  ~ seems to be the best camera for it, though there arent so many sferics in that direction.. but enough to keep you on your toes :D  Now.. Wales, give me some hope! 

Posted Image

If it was taken during the evening its just a rainbow. By that time the atmosphere lets mostly red light through. Therefore the other colours of the rainbow show up very faintly or not at all. If its not evening I have no idea. EDIT: The arc being so high in the sky at the time would also follow the sun being almost on the horizon.

Edited by John1990

Posted Image

Was somebody wearing red/pink in the vehicle, it might be an internal reflection from the windscreen ?

post-20937-0-33403100-1402310437_thumb.j

A friend is reporting an impressive shelf cloud looking west from just east of Stafford at the moment. 

For anyone who is following this storm in the Netherlandshttp://www.studio040.nl/webcam.html  ~ seems to be the best camera for it, though there arent so many sferics in that direction.. but enough to keep you on your toes :D Now.. Wales, give me some hope! 

http://www.studio040.nl/webcam.html

Was about to post the same webcam... its from Eindhoven... and the approaching storm looks horrible. 

If it was taken during the evening its just a rainbow. By that time the atmosphere lets mostly red light through. Therefore the other colours of the rainbow show up very faintly or not at all. If its not evening I have no idea. EDIT: The arc being so high in the sky at the time would also follow the sun being almost on the horizon.

Looks like a slight delay from the previous street light which could  very much be switched on. Like one of the ones ahead. 

It appears that the Sheffield 'storm' is now headed my way :D

http://www.studio040.nl/webcam.html

Was about to post the same webcam... its from Eindhoven... and the approaching storm looks horrible. 

That is the end of the world coming...

Interesting in France that there is no widespread convection BUT if a cell can tap into the upper levels it goes off bang

Don't confuse cloud top size with storm size in France / Belgium. Strong winds aloft are creating large overhangs of 'false cirrus' which are very cold.

Posted Image

Aliens.

Run for your lives.