Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Cant compete with the continent

but....this cell loock to be wrapping around to me

post-12214-0-28741100-1402344044_thumb.p

Edited by Arnie Pie

Very dark out now, and looks like we're about to get some heady rain. Can't tell you much more as I'm on the treadmill! Haha!

Just had some heavy rain but no storm. Interesting line of storms heading up W France towards SE England. Could be overnight interest?

Very dark out now, and looks like we're about to get some heady rain. Can't tell you much more as I'm on the treadmill! Haha!

Nothing but heavy rain mate.

Think the super storm over Germany is destabilising the air here :rofl: Incredible display of altocumulus now!

Posted Image

Edited by Convective

This. Then click on the 'Stadthaus' webcam

Oh what I would give to be there right now! 

ps, you listening Netweather.tv? :D

Nothing but heavy rain mate.

We've had a couple of rumbles of thunder, which were unexpected.

Guys is a storm of this magnitude a common thing for Northern France, Belgium, Germany etc... or is it say a once every 10 year occurance!? 

Just wondering because it is absolutely biblical! 

This is frightening.

another one, taken from the munster webcam (freeze framed).....amazingly defined shelf & gust front!

post-4149-0-65292200-1402344441_thumb.pn

New Estofex MD out for Belgium and NE France for possible tornados. Can say the shear is very evident here 100 miles further north.

http://www.estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showforecast.cgi?text=yes&fcstfile=2014060922_201406091933_-_mesoscalediscussion.xml

Edited by chionomaniac

The pain is too much, stonking storm on the mainland :clap: really close to the UK, goes to show how, you can be only 100 or so miles away and have no indication at all, of that beauty of a storm. One day that will happen to the UK, just wonder when :)

Guys is a storm of this magnitude a common thing for Northern France, Belgium, Germany etc... or is it say a once every 10 year occurance!? 

No, they are quite common, for sure they don't hit the same locations again and again, but you can expect to have such storms 1 in 2 years at your location!

Edited by Knoxgar

Can't remember seeing anything as big as this storm in my life time :hi:

Oh what I would give to be there right now! 

ps, you listening Netweather.tv? :D

It's almost dreamlike. So eerie (for all the right reasons). Not so good when it decides to focus on a courtyard when the biggest storm in the world is overhead though :p

No, they are quite common, for sure they don't hit the same locations again and again, but you can expect to have such storms 1 in 2 years at your location!

Thanks Knox, just booking my flight over there now! ;)