Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Towers booming up to east of sheffield can see them literally exploding upwards....

I think it's now gone to a Surface based Cb, visbility has just dropped to my west/southwest. Nothing heard yet but will keep an eye out. 

There's a Thunderstorm near Gatwick - EGKK 091820Z 22005KT 9999 -SHRA VCTS FEW040CB 16/15 Q1015 RESHRA

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Had a great day chasing today met up with two Sunderland lads also chasing,  lightning seen but not captured, shed load of rain and some cracking cloud formations.....Just the one picture today that i thought was worthy of showing...

Undulatus asperatus

Posted Imagesmall1.jpg

That is a super pic, worth the effort to chase, definitely!

Still looking good :)

More then good for a lucky few. I think I might miss out by 5/10 miles. Still going to see how it develops!!

The runway webcam is going to be quite incredible in a short while...

http://www.dus.com/dus/webcam/

And right on cue , just seen the most amazing CG .. lasted about 4 seconds ... scary stuff.

Dusseldorf airport cam showing lightening

Towers booming up to east of sheffield can see them literally exploding upwards....

Can see them from here aswell looking pretty large.

Really impressive sheared environment here with upper clouds moving towards the NE with mid level clouds moving towards the NW. No lower level to judge as of yet.

OMG....what's happening over mid-wiltshire?....check the radar out NOW!......forget those active storms in Lincs/Yorks today!....and a big rasberry to those monsters in Germany as looking at the skies and the radar shows that THE development is taking place right here, right now, as we have MCS here!....

Mostly Cloudy Skies.....with more than a hint of convective drizzle............... :80:  :lazy:

my eyes widened... You ba$t4rd!!

LOL, you should know better by now, he's got form you know ;)

Bagged no less than 5 cells today! A very successful day chasing, certainly the best of 2014 :)