Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

That cam is INSANE at the moment!!!!!

That's quite a few strikes per min!

And that cell to my SW is heading NE :D towards me, getting closer. Very dark below it.

Posted Image

That Aachen storm will be what an Estofex Level 3 feels like then....  :laugh:

And that cell to my SW is heading NE :D towards me, getting closer. Very dark below it.

Posted Image

It actually appears to be holding it's strength! 

Yep the Web cam in Germany stops for me too. Just said to hubby, surely it's not that dark there yet, then I realized just how bad that storm must be :oops:  :bomb: .CRAZY.

Only experienced dark as night storms once on the coast, It was so dark the street lights came on and it made the news on local telly.

I wish the weather would make it's mind up here. *sigh*. 

wow fantastic that is

That is truly apocalyptic.

It actually appears to be holding it's strength! 

Very dark to my South west, it's been going since the English Channel. Let's see what London does to it :)

That is truly apocalyptic.

yes that seems about the right word for it !

Looking good over parts of kent now too, got two towers going up over Canterbury!

Still looking good :)

Indeed. Those cells have really gained some intensity since hitting the channel. Lets hope that continues! Think I may be a tad to far west for them. Kent clipper maybe?

Cheers was just searching for one in cologne, looks like it should get a direct hit!

Was trying to find a decent one in Düsseldorf as well but can only find one half decent streaming cam at the airport, if you find a good one please let me know. 

Indeed. Those cells have really gained some intensity since hitting the channel. Lets hope that continues! Think I may be a tad to far west for them. Kent clipper maybe?

Looks more like it'll engulf quite a bit of Kent at the moment, rather than just a clipper.

Having said that, wouldn't surprise me if it veered off to the right.

Very stormy, now pouring down could've sworn I saw a flash of light - lightning?

Was trying to find a decent one in Düsseldorf as well but can only find one half decent streaming cam at the airport, if you find a good one please let me know. 

Yes will do, doesn't seem to be many good cams though.

Very dark to my South west, it's been going since the English Channel. Let's see what London does to it :)

Very stormy, now pouring down could've sworn I saw a flash of light - lightning?

Nothing notable really, some convective rainfall. It's a high based Cb also with quite a low top, hence the lack of oomph. 

That storm in Germany looks amazing! Scary infact!

It has been a good day here for the Midlands, Derbyshire, Notts and Lincolnshire, also some potential for storms tomorrow!

post-17481-0-87191000-1402338629_thumb.p

Edited by ChezWeather

Had a great day chasing today met up with two Sunderland lads also chasing,  lightning seen but not captured, shed load of rain and some cracking cloud formations.....Just the one picture today that i thought was worthy of showing...

Undulatus asperatus

post-12197-0-60604300-1402338647_thumb.j

wow fantastic that is

Not loading for me :( shame

Looks more like it'll engulf quite a bit of Kent at the moment, rather than just a clipper.

Having said that, wouldn't surprise me if it veered off to the right.

Always good to be a bit cautious.Now it's radar watching time. REFRESH, REFRESH, REFRESH etc of this forum and the radar.