Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some, strikes starting to appear in the Atlantic below Cornwall 0,o

Can't see this? What site are you looking at

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

@ Flashbangetc and Harry: Not all places on the continent are Stormdorados: I am right now sat on the Swiss border in Constance and this is also a place which is notoriously avoided by storms. Tonight there were thunderheads flashing like burnt out cfls around me but nothing to grasp really. Not one decent storm this year. But I know one or a couple will come this year, and you will get you fair share too, just wait a little... :) Night Ralph

I've been waiting for 7 years now since anything I can remember which can be called a proper storm. Don't want to waste another 7 waiting for a small cell to deliver 4 forks (if I'm lucky)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The hulk leaving France now will come extremely close to Kent within the next couple of hours. The NMM on an earlier run, did prog it clipping the south east extremes during the early hours.

I know it hasn't been spectacular there but it's worth keeping an eye on if you're willing to stay awake?!

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Read news report just now Dusseldorf airport was temporarily shut down ealrier and winds of 150mph recorded there. One cyclist killed by falling tree and power outages too.

Makes you remember these are very dangerous and very powerful storms.

• Like 2

Posted

Well its been a great day here, caught my first supercell on video and seen some incredible flash flooding!

Going to bed and feeling uncomfortably warm! 

Night folks 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Read news report just now Dusseldorf airport was temporarily shut down ealrier and winds of 150mph recorded there. One cyclist killed by falling tree and power outages too.Makes you remember these are very dangerous and very powerful storms.

Yet we all wished it would come here at the time! :oops:

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=enIt's mainly just heavy/torrential rain, and looking at the radar, it may just reach Swansea(perhaps I should have said "celtic" sea)

I noticed there was a strike in the Celtic sea area and that rain has definitely intensified in the last hour

Posted

I noticed there was a strike in the Celtic sea area and that rain has definitely intensified in the last hour

There is now a new sferic appearing on Netweather radarIt is now a fully fledged thunderstorm

Edited by ancientsolar

Posted

There is now a new sferic appearing on Netweather radarIt is now a fully fledged thunderstorm

Yes, a few sferics showing up now not far from Plymouth , moving very slowly northwards

Hi all,

I am currently in Fontainebleu France about 50mins south of Paris and have just witnessed a 3hr electrical storm moving north. Never seen anything like it before the lightning did not stop for the entire time. Have the whole thing on camera plus stills if anyone is interested. There is still strong winds and a few forks continuing now but it has to be the most amazing storm I have ever seen. The attached picture was taken approximately 4hrs before the storm began.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: all weather

Belgium has literally disappeared on the cloud height chart.amazing!!! hope every1 stays safe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Anyone know where to get a tally of how many strikes over northern mainland Europe? Like netweather can get 24 hours, shows you the path and how many strikes. I saw a post somewhere earlier that had a tally over 100,000 strikes for the german cell earlier today, wonder what the total would be if you add all the other storms into the mix!?

Posted

Crazy that there is yet another huge MCS (or supercell?) tracking over Belgium right now. They seem to keep forming in central northern France over and over again and tracking ENE into Belgium.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Belgium has literally disappeared on the cloud height chart.amazing!!! hope every1 stays safe

Crazy that there is yet another huge MCS (or supercell?) tracking over Belgium right now. They seem to keep forming in central northern France over and over again and tracking ENE into Belgium.

Does Belgium still exist or has it been leveled? :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I think the EU should impose strict quotas on storms. Anything over each EU members quota should be sent here to the UK. Mother nature be warned....

Edited by paul m

Posted

Thread favourite Aachen webcam about to score another direct hit. Doesn't seem to work on Firefox for me; Chrome and IE fine though.

http://player.livespotting.tv/?alias=PS_e55d8&ch=LS_50e56&pup=true&ch=LS_50e56&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fdrehturm-aachen.de%2Flivecam-eurogio%2F

• Like 1

Posted

This cell has just brewed up and passed to my east before firing into action around Birstall, Loughborough I think, now showing several strikes now gone past the City of Leicester... Anyone underneath?

Pics taken on my HTC one M7 phone..

First pics ever taken, not a single comment.... Is there something wrong with the photos....? Or are they 10 a penny type photos..? If so, let me know and I won't take anymore like this ....

Cheers

Speedway Slider... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

New thread coming soon.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

New thread, I've moved some of the posts from this morning over to the new one - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80586-storm-and-convective-discussion-10th-june-onwards/#entry2987119