Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Paul

Posted

The French system looks to be taking over from the German one in activity now. That split looks to have really damaged the German storm.

Posted

Sorry bout that but it was bloody great for a while there just a few flashes and rumbles now but still very very muggy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Sorry bout that but it was bloody great for a while there just a few flashes and rumbles now but still very very muggy

Admin ban this person now. Her talk of nightime storms is offensive..... :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I'm actually gutted now that all we have had after two significant Spanish plume risk days (both of which were focused initially on our area) was three rumbles and seen no actual lightning and now getting excited about even getting one flash.

It's actually depressing how (sorry to swear but strength of feeling) SH## out weather is. These German and Benelux storms blow anything we're ever gonna get out of the water. I'm seriously thinking about moving because the pointless and often overblown hype surrounding our British storm 'events' really gets to me these days. Can even get storms when I chase.

What's the point. I might go fun something more likely to look forward to...

(Have said piece... Off to sulk for next three weeks...)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

How comes Lincolnshire always gets it? :laugh::p:)

I got it in Lincs once... She was a beautiful lady!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Thought I could hear distant thunder... nope, just the bi weekly visit by the NPAS helicopter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Line of cells/showers moving into the SW?

Indeed, heavy rain here now but despite plenty of instability in the Atlantic, it seems there will be nothing thundery on these tonight. :(

• Like 1

Posted

***** haven't heard thunder like this for bloody years literally ripping through the sky (apologies for language) I have a feeling it's moving out to sea now

follow the coast to donna hook probs hit us on the edge before saying goodbyes looking at radar.  Sounds really good think the worst of the rain battered west of kings lynn, possible poor old walpole, sutton bridge area just missed skeggy.

Edited by reef

Posted

Sorry about missing characters using phone and so worn out monitoring storm websites and radar sites I can't be bothered to correct them. Seriously no British storms are ever even going to come close to the things we see today over the channel. There's no going back now. I've had the epiphany and seen the light(Ning)...

Gf is now in Frankfurt with work watching amazing lightning displays and I'm here in cr## Surrey having suffered in uncomfortable humidity all weekend for nothing.

Pah.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Just had a downpour of epic proportions. A few flashes of lightning and some loud thunder in the distance. Think it is getting closer as the rain is picking up again.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm actually gutted now that all we have had after two significant Spanish plume risk days (both of which were focused initially on our area) was three rumbles and seen no actual lightning and now getting excited about even getting one flash.It's actually depressing how (sorry to swear but strength of feeling) SH## out weather is. These German and Benelux storms blow anything we're ever gonna get out of the water. I'm seriously thinking about moving because the pointless and often overblown hype surrounding our British storm 'events' really gets to me these days. Can even get storms when I chase.What's the point. I might go fun something more likely to look forward to...(Have said piece... Off to sulk for next three weeks...)

We all feel it tbh...very frustrating. But hey it's only June, traditionally (historically) July and August I've witnessed our best and biggest storms (more especially MCS allnighters). Given our EU membership we could move there tomorrow, would help to learn Dutch French or German first though I'm sure :D I wouldn't though tbh say we've had a proper Spanish plume yet...if we get airflow directly south to North originating over Spanish plateau, game on. I don't think we have had that this year strictly speaking.Next few weeks look dire on current GFS so let's hope end of June, July and August are better.Night all
  • Like 1

Posted

One MCS dying... Another one developing. Round 2 anyone? (But the UK)?

post-9530-0-78815100-1402355772_thumb.jp

Our day will come... One day.

• Like 1

Posted

That's Watford for you....  :laugh:

I know right! Its just hovering over North West Watford, nosiest thing in the sky around these parts tonight.

Posted

Sorry about missing characters using phone and so worn out monitoring storm websites and radar sites I can't be bothered to correct them. Seriously no British storms are ever even going to come close to the things we see today over the channel. There's no going back now. I've had the epiphany and seen the light(Ning)...Gf is now in Frankfurt with work watching amazing lightning displays and I'm here in cr## Surrey having suffered in uncomfortable humidity all weekend for nothing.Pah.

Actually there was a pretty good t-storm which developed right over Frankfurt this night...i was able to see some of it's lighting from here!

http://www.t-online.de/wetter/niederschlagsradar/64094056

Edited by Knoxgar

Posted

I'm actually gutted now that all we have had after two significant Spanish plume risk days (both of which were focused initially on our area) was three rumbles and seen no actual lightning and now getting excited about even getting one flash.It's actually depressing how (sorry to swear but strength of feeling) SH## out weather is. These German and Benelux storms blow anything we're ever gonna get out of the water. I'm seriously thinking about moving because the pointless and often overblown hype surrounding our British storm 'events' really gets to me these days. Can even get storms when I chase.What's the point. I might go fun something more likely to look forward to...(Have said piece... Off to sulk for next three weeks...)

I agree, I would move to Germany/Benelux in a heartbeat if I was guaranteed to find a job when I got there. I might move there for the summer next year and get a summer job?

Posted

@ Flashbangetc and Harry: Not all places on the continent are Stormdorados: I am right now sat on the Swiss border in Constance and this is also a place which is notoriously avoided by storms. Tonight there were thunderheads flashing like burnt out cfls around me but nothing to grasp really. Not one decent storm this year. But I know one or a couple will come this year, and you will get you fair share too, just wait a little... :)

Night

Ralph

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Yeay!  About to start driving down to Stansted!  Love driving in storms at night.

Posted

Actually there was a pretty good t-storm which developed right over Frankfurt this night...i was able to see some of it's lighting from here! http://www.t-online.de/wetter/niederschlagsradar/64094056

Didn't work on the phone :-(Yeah - looks like a good cell, being swallowed up by Das Grosse Storm now by the looks of it. Man that thing's hungry...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

just wating to see whether the showers to the south of Birmingham 'Take' a little further South, than the last couple of passing cells