Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Paul

Posted

We'll the storm cleared us just before 6 torrential rain and some good thunder and lightening is still very very humid here got every window open and still boiling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

It's raining a bit more now and it lovely outside. The smell of summer rain is quite special, with or without thunder. 

If it does a mental up north that will be 'as per usual'

Just been in the garden to cloud check, very odd with the light rain falling and the patio still warm under foot!

I have to agree the smell of summer rain is wonderfull! Lol im fully expecting that to happen yet again. Might have to move to linconshire, cheapest house prices in the uk....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

False positives on the south coast? 

Posted

Storm about to hit Aachen in Germany....awesome moving webcam

http://drehturm-aachen.de/livecam-eurogio/

That storm is beastly!!!!! I wish I was in Düsseldorf tonight!

Posted

Fantastic - can really see the frequency of the lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So a beast of a storm is heading towards Cannock and I'm not there. Sodding typical.

Was quite good yeah, thinking of ajpoolshark as well, I have seen 2 decent storms in 3 days, and apparantely Cannock chase had a good one yesterday but that missed me

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Just had another spell of moderate rainfall here, just enough to dampen the ground. Sky is getting very dark in places and looking very unstable in the mid levels, also still very humid and warm. It feels like it's going to go BANG! but will have to wait and see...

Watching the Aachen webcam and it's gone black as night there, lightning is incredible at the minute.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just been looking outside and TBH if i'd had the clouds i have now earlier, I would of been doing the CanCan. When I went to collect little one, it was more or less wall to wall sunshine and now it looks the stormiest it has since we had some storms a few weeks back. Been eyeing up the cell  for a bit in the channel but..

Shame Mr radar will say NO. :whistling:

Edited by Dami

Posted

Blackpool webcam looking over irish sea... www.metfy.info sun in view at the moment but dark clouds building south over Ribble area off N Wales... any one got storms that way yet?

I'm in the North West of Wales. Nothing yet here, but clouds are bubbling. North East Wales seems to have something developing. 

• Like 1

Posted

Hey there,, I've been watching the forum for a fair while again..I used to be a member "theredarrows" but left the site after being on here for years. I've decided to come back to join in on the fun.. new people on here aswell as the old.

Back to the weather I really think we're relying on storms from the Continent to make their way up here, survive the channel cross and clip a few of us. Temps look good here but I'm not too sure on enough convection at present for home growns. If we're lucky then Southern counties, Kent and possible EA may get something but I'm not holding my breath.. As per usual storms have darted straight up the middle of the country and hit the usual areas. Even if we don't get storms it's nice to have some summery weather :)

Edited by theredarrows1986
  • Like 3

Posted

Hail from Loiret, France!

Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Oh my god. Looks scary as hell that storm. God help the likes of monchengladbach and dusseldorf soon !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Nice day for gardening, not much else to say really! The usual SE'ly breeze helped keep the humidity down to a reasonable level, max temp 22/23C.

Posted

http://player.livespotting.tv/?alias=PS_e55d8&ch=LS_50e56&pup=true&ch=LS_50e56&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fdrehturm-aachen.de%2Flivecam-eurogio%2FCheck that out!!! that looks scary!Edit just realised its the same cam lol

Edited by Mesoscale