Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Paul

Posted

There was some epic cloud action going on wasn't there? We didn't get too much lightning here but in terms of storm structure it was very impressive. It looked like a 'proper' storm if that makes sense :)

It felt like a proper storm too. Proper rolls of thunder, and the odd crack of lightning for me. Couldn't really see the structure, as it seemed to be embedded in the rest of the system, but from what I've heard elsewhere, it was good. Could tell there was a bit of a wall cloud too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It has been a lovely very warm, humid and sunny day here, reached 26C. Some dark mid-level cloud has rolled in giving a few spots of rain but that's about as exciting as it gets these days lol. Gone are the days when storms like the ones seen over N France and Benelux move N or even NW over S England. Such a shame.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

We have drizzle!!!!

Edit: Its over.

Edited by TheToastPeople

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Gosh, storms really hate the Midlands, they always find the alternative route, I mean they kicked off too far west and then suddenly just north of us?!

• Like 1

Posted

There was some epic cloud action going on wasn't there? We didn't get too much lightning here but in terms of storm structure it was very impressive. It looked like a 'proper' storm if that makes sense :)

RIP Belgium  :help:

Totally agree! was a great storm today here! 

Posted

looks a bit limp at the mo - but I'm getting the signs that maybe it could beef up later - thunder pressure headache etc - don't think we're supposed to have anything at the mo - but ya never know - France is getting hit by level 3 estofex type storms and potential tornados - so we could get some outflow I suppose!

The rain approaching the south West is rather thundery, you know what its like.. Anything can happen of our mountains

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

Heavy rain and thunder has just started here :D

Really???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Very large dark cloud to the south. Not on radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The Belgian storm is a huge beast!! :shok:

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Under  medium level cloud now with a dark base, can smell convective rainfall but it appears to be evaporating before it hits the ground apart from the odd spot making it down... Possible hope yet later this evening looking at the radar, feeling incredibly sticky outside at the minute and the wind has completely dropped, very calm and still.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Gosh, storms really hate the Midlands, they always find the alternative route, I mean they kicked off too far west and then suddenly just north of us?!

Plenty of thunderstorms knocking about the Midlands these past days especially WM.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

Yep! Although it's left off now though :(

Oh I had the rain but no thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I will put my backside on the line tonight and say that any rain that moves up from the continent tonight will not be thundery.Just had a couple of small rain showers, quite warm drops, they were quite large but nothing convective about them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Plenty of thunderstorms knocking about the Midlands these past days especially WM.

Yes, with the exception of CENTRAL Midlands, such as my area. The storms on Saturday missed this area, literally just missed by 5 miles. Today the storms took a similar path, except a bit further West. The East & West Midlands has had more luck with storms than Central.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.

Well the swarm of showers that were heading this way from Brest seem to be dying over the channel. I don't think we will be seeing any decent weatheriness today sadly. Maybe I should go and do some sort of dance in the park?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

I saw a bit of convection in the distance earlier and thought ooh could it be setting off as the thin blanket of cloud had shifted. It was kind of a red herring as it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Getting that blanket of cloud again now. Still v.muggy and warm.

I haven't looked at any charts either so I could be hoping for nothing but still its been a nice day albeit sticky.