Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

No thunder here today, i did see some heavy downpours around here this morning and by afternoon the sun came out and nothing changed since then. Its still quite muggy here though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

A rather sultry 79f here, radar shows some showers moving onto the south coast of England but they don't seem to be electrified?

I can confirm that they're not at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A few small showers bubbling up, brief affairs with pretty big rain drops. Feeling warm and muggy. Hopefully something more noteworthy might develop this evening, plenty of activity moving north out of France.

Edited by Liam J

I know I'm late to the party but I was stuck at work. Great storm over Sheffield earlier today (I work at Grenoside). The cloudscapes prior to the storm were stunning - really apocalyptic! Plenty of muffled thunder but not much lightning. The rain was biblical at times. My brothers account seems to indicate Dronfield got more of a direct hit but there were quite a few cells knocking around at the time. 

A good day! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone hear that on the Hamburg cam just then? huge crack of thunder!http://www.earthcam.com/world/germany/hamburg/?cam=hamburg_hd

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The view out of my back door, looks a bit more promising...

post-9615-0-11759900-1402331297_thumb.jp

I was under that thing. I suspected it to be supercellular as I filmed it approach and depart. There was definite rotation and was dropping pea sized hail and torrential rain. I actually question it as I film it. Almost constant thunder too.

Pics looks brilliant! :D Congrats :) It's been a surprisingly active day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Yep, getting very dark in Hamburg now.

This link http://livespotting.tv/ then search Hamburg about 5 cams come up and select Emporio great panorama of city in fullscreen. Superb HD quality on this one.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Watch that storm over Belgium... http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=de

Hopefully on track to watch the Dusseldorf Airport webcam later on.

Edited by Convective

Posted

Monster MCS yes please :) thoroughly warm and groggy - some heavy cells hitting the SE as I speak or not... Not as much as activity as I expected on the western front, it will implode later on :D

Posted

some new possible cells developing just over the Welsh border. Moderate to heavy rain on those.

looks a bit limp at the mo - but I'm getting the signs that maybe it could beef up later - thunder pressure headache etc - don't think we're supposed to have anything at the mo - but ya never know - France is getting hit by level 3 estofex type storms and potential tornados - so we could get some outflow I suppose!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Another poor day storm wise here although some lightning and Thunder did actually get over the Dronfield bypass. The skill the storms skirted both my home address and work address is only something a stunt pilot could do. Type in s89en and then s10 2fn and see what I mean.

Marks out of ten. Following the 1/10 for Saturday 0/10 for Sunday 3.5/10 for today. Nothing major rainfall wise either a total of 5.2mm from midnight.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Feeling really muggy now as the sun is shining as well, should help kick things off soon :)

Posted

Another poor day storm wise here although some lightning and Thunder did actually get over the Dronfield bypass. The skill the storms skirted both my home address and work address is only something a stunt pilot could do. Type in s89en and then s10 2fn and see what I mean.

Marks out of ten. Following the 1/10 for Saturday 0/10 for Sunday 3.5/10 for today. Nothing major rainfall wise either a total of 5.2mm from midnight.

I got missed by 1 storm, then had the first supercell straight above me, lifting a bit of moisture up. The second, bigger one, turned right before it had chance to get close.. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Where's Belgium?

post-7292-0-56096000-1402332569_thumb.pn

• Like 3

I got missed by 1 storm, then had the first supercell straight above me, lifting a bit of moisture up. The second, bigger one, turned right before it had chance to get close.. :(

There was some epic cloud action going on wasn't there? We didn't get too much lightning here but in terms of storm structure it was very impressive. It looked like a 'proper' storm if that makes sense :)

Where's Belgium?

Posted ImageCapture.PNG

RIP Belgium  :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Keeping an eye on the system now showing up towards s west ,will it arrive over my patch ,as soon as it smells the mendip hills it will swing east or west but fingers crossed lets hope its a night show for some ,makes things far more interesting .cheers .

Posted

BBC going for some heavy showers over me into the night. Suns been out all day here so plenty of ground warming. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Timed that right,heavy rain in Greenhithe just after i got in.....now,someone set the spark please! :D