Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

well the high level cloud has broken up and cloud is building up now. will anything happen though? temperatures approaching the mid twenties despite the cloud cover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Walking to the shops and back has left me dripping in sweat, it's certainly very humid out there. We need a storm to clear it up, come on mother nature :D

agreed very warm and muggy here just down the road from you....I have my fingers crossed but modelling and modeled parameters don't look that great for us...Another 50 miles or so further east (london to the east coast) is a different story for this evening/overnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hazey blue skies over London at the moment and already convection brewing 

• Like 1

Posted

The line of cells south of nottingham look very interesting. All very discrete, almost like something you see in the U.S. No expert but id say any of those could spawn a tornado.

The other concern is if that line of cells stalls and the ones to the North and west in the Peaks 'catch' up, then theres going to be an almighty line of storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Right that wouldn't tie in with anything I said I don't think. It still could be a rainbow, say if the shower was blocking enough light from the other wavelengths, by that time of course the sun is already quite high in the sky. The sky seems lighter on the right hand side underneath the arc which would tie in with a rainbow. The only thing that would make me think differently is the arc looks far too vertical compared to the height of the sun at that time. Hmm.

She took a photo of the pink  line, so that rules out camera/windscreen stuff, tricky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

She took a photo of the pink  line, so that rules out camera/windscreen stuff, tricky

I think the only way to tell would be finding out which direction that road is facing and where the sun was at the time. Very difficult indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Is the east east of the UK, e.g Norwich area going to get any storms this year ? I have heard only 1 bit of thunder this year. 

Storm shields seem to be up around here this year. Last good storm i can remember was a couple of years ago now!.

No Fair reading about the rest of the country having fun :(

Um, unfortunately someone erected a sign over Norfolk saying "plonk extensive cloud sheet here" :(  Can't say I'm holding my breath, at best I would expect to have to take a drive towards the Wash. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have to admit. I think things east of Derby in line from Hull right down to Brighton is where the storm activity will be for the rest of the day. I suspect all areas west could have quite a nice and dry afternoon. 

Posted

Clear skies coming up from the south soon for the midlands!!should help convection to explode out of nowhere for later on this afternoon!!temp is already 23 here with a dewpoint of 17!!!!

Posted

Couple more cells seem to be spouting up near Leicester. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

What's the eta and predictions for Peterborough today folks?

Convection exploding here mate, looking good !!

Posted

Looking at the radar, that Chesterfield/Worksop/Mansfield cell is swinging to the NE a bit.

Posted

Huge crack of thunder here, my two year old is running around shouting "whats that noise!!!" Its the first time she's noticed thunder lol

• Like 3

Li of -14 across parts of Europe today, with CAPE off the charts (>4000J/kg) :O

Crazy.

Looks like there are already a few cells going over the UK too, hopefully something bigger by the end of the day. :p

Edited by Sainsbo

Posted

Huge crack of thunder here, my two year old is running around shouting "whats that noise!!!" Its the first time she's noticed thunder lol

I like the thunder, but I don't think my dogs do... 

Posted

More thunder heard here the past hour than there was the entire Saturday afternoon, so certainly can't complain. Assumed the first rumble was the neighbours putting the bins back but the second soon got my ears perked.

Posted

I'd hazard a guess and say that I may be getting slightly wetter later if this line of advance keeps coming...

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Almost constant distant thunder over Doncaster way. 

Posted

Almost constant distant thunder over Doncaster way. 

As I put earlier, it seems like the South Yorkshire storm shield is broken..