Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

just witnessed the first flash of Lightning now.

Well yet another day in a long saga of missed storms. The only ones we seem to get these days are ones that brew up directly overhead and that's about one a year if that. Well done everybody else who got one.

Teny tiny storm over oxford slowly making its way to bedford/milton keynes. Oh wait its dying! was getting worried there, we only get 1 storm a year here which was last week. Cant wait for next summer!!

this is the picture I just took. I name this Preston Cell because its over Preston now. Some wall cloud formations.

post-16474-0-27447600-1402253295_thumb.j

Edited by pip22

Interesting how the storms entered an area of higher cape and LI  according to the radar and started decaying. Expected much more as they headed north.

this is the picture I just took. I name this Preston Cell because its over Preston now. Some wall cloud formations.

It's just scud underneath the cloud base :) Good job on the thunder though!

Nice looking storm to the NW, shame that I'm missing itpost-20640-0-56015500-1402254727_thumb.p

post-20640-0-55009100-1402254869_thumb.jpost-20640-0-52741300-1402254768_thumb.j

Edited by Utahraptor

Another thunderstorm, lightening and torrential downpours,its brilliant under the carport and the rains pouring off the guttering and flooding the side part,like being in a tropical rainforest!

Bust again here today , I guess I'll keep sitting in my sun lounger enjoying my beer and the warm evening sun :)..........

Another nice storm N France coast. S England, naff all! Been a lovely day here and still 24C at 8:10pm so can't complain too much but, please....what will it take to get a decent storm again?!

Another thunderstorm, lightening and torrential downpours,its brilliant under the carport and the rains pouring off the guttering and flooding the side part,like being in a tropical rainforest!

Shut up you evil woman...Lol Spare a thought for us that are storm starved

Some rumbles of thunder just east of me. :)

Well we are usually snow starved cause you greedy buggars get it all! Lol ;)

Anymore storms on the way tonight then? Dare i ask!

Sorry that was to paul m btw!

Nice little storm to my south currently just seen a couple CtoG's and a few rumbles seems to be getting closer and looks like might be a direct hit....

All dying out now. Only light showers here and currently cloudy with what used to be a storm down south and is nothing more than altostratus now. Not a single storm all weekend.

Edited by Jonathan Lang

Typical, cell goes over then becomes active 10 miles north

Nice little storm to my south currently just seen a couple CtoG's and a few rumbles seems to be getting closer and looks like might be a direct hit....

Just catching the edge of it here but have heard some rumbles.

Had a fairly decent storm around 6, saw some good CG lightning. Some pretty gusty winds with the cells today too!

think storms are all over for this evening

been a stunning end to the day here, feels very warm, not sure we have any chance of storms over the next cpl of days

Altocumulus cloud overhead with some altocumulus castellanus cloud within it but at quite a low level.