Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Anybody doing an all nighter?

I'm going to see how the storms get on as they begin to cross the Channel then decide from there :)

• Like 1

Posted

Only just stumbled across this whilst we wait for action to develop.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/local/video-funnel-cloud-blows-across-crowland-1-6104435

I have lost count how many funnel clouds/tornadoes that have been seen in this area since 2005.

• Like 2

Posted

I'll give it another half hour to see what's happening, but no point staying much longer. Storm chase stream down again so nothing to watch.

Edited by davehsug

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I hope you all have a stunning storm down there, I don't have much hope for my area though. I will enjoy reading the reports, vids and pics I hope.

Posted

Okay I am finally settled for the night and just had a quick look at radar and some charts, think I'll put an alarm on every half hour from 3 to see what developments there are, night for now all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and tornadoes

Alarm set for 5am... maybe mother nature might wake me with a nice crack of thunder! Might head up to Leicester in the morning and wait to see what develops.

Posted

I'm going to try and stay up for a couple of more hours. Intrigued on how things develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Latest news 24 forecast doesn't have the main bulk of the activity arriving at the south coast until 5am then moving through to northern England by early afternoon they also said they'd be hit and miss while some get soaked others down the seeing very little their graphics also said it would be a band of rain with thundery showers embedded within it but looks to have cleared through most of southern England by mid to late morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Too tired, have to turn in. Hope I don't sleep through anything, if my area gets anything that is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm not expecting severe shiz here, but that development over France says el dorsetito on it, no elshiftito. I'm hopeful of a nice light show, but it could be daylight by then lol

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Welcome Generalelectrix.... What a great first post!, with one like that, hope to hear more from you :hi:

Put your Location Locations in your profile :)

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Funny how these things take so long to get him but then get a move on when they arrive

Posted

The Rennes storm looks like it's heading N/NW towards St. Malo and then the Channel Islands. The rainfall radar for the current storm area looks very intense!

Posted

Yeah, these storms are so slow moving, it's going to be after sunrise before they hit the UK.

I beg to differ. I would say at the current rate it will be definitely no later that 2:30 - 3:00am. Most likely be earlier.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Satellite loop showing developments in central southern England, something to watch for those areas...

Posted

Yesturday I was telling myself I  was going to stay up all night today, but I dont think anything will make it this far north tonight. Might have to wait for the sun to work its magic. When I do eventually go to bed, I'll leave the window open just in case.  

Posted

The window is staying open tonight. Might set the alarm for 4.00am.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

I'd say watching the lightning movement and looking at the sat loop over France, numerous cells are firing up from the earlier nantes super cell and looks like forming an MCS later on heading directly north towards IOW and up through central southern england during the early hours. Also possible they could form a large bow wave and push up fairly quickly affecting most of the south coast from devon all the way across to sussex, worth watching the evolution if you can stay up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yesturday I was telling myself I  was going to stay up all night today, but I dont think anything will make it this far north tonight. Might have to wait for the sun to work its magic. When I do eventually go to bed, I'll leave the window open just in case.  

When's mother nature going to let us have it?????? I'm getting sleepy!