Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted

Half an hour of heavy but not torrential rain here. I heard one distant rumble on the approach but all the electrical activity has died in it now. All stopped now.

Edited by alr1970

Posted

The thunder and heavy stuff has cleared away from here, but theres some light drizzle and its getting warmer again.

Posted

V6 Radar currently looking like this for me, only just started doing this though, V4 is also blank. 

And as i type, the sun is coming out! 

post-17481-0-00467800-1402129483_thumb.p

Posted

Where in Shrewsbury? I never heard anything, and I never sleep through storms! I know what you mean about them never hanging around any more, I remembe ones that lasted 6 hours or more in the good old 90s..

OMG you must be a heavy sleeper..It woke me up 7.15 and came very close for about 15 mins. I'm on sundorne Grove. Sorry you missed it

Posted

Next one in line appears to be popping up between Newark and Lincoln,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Oh wow nice strong line developing behind the main band now.

• Like 1

Posted

Something just started here 10 mins or so ago. Whatever it is is pretty pants though. Only one loud rumble and 3/4 high up rumbles. Looks like its clearing from the South though as it's brighter so this isn't too worth waiting for.

Bit ike the one that woke me at 8am ... 8/10 or so rumbles a couple of cracks and that was it. Seems to mostly be thundery showers than thunderstorms here ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

I have a bad feeling about the next storm after the last one. The last one broke into two halves with the Midlands in between, then it re-joined when it left the Midlands. This one looks like the same is going to happen :/

V6 Radar currently looking like this for me, only just started doing this though, V4 is also blank. 

And as i type, the sun is coming out! 

Yes getting brighter here too. I travelled a bit this morning but it didn't work out particularly well as the cells lost a lot of electrical activity as they pushed further north. Saw some IC lightning and heard thunder but it wasn't quite a proper stormchase haha! Hopefully some daytime heating can spark things up for this afternoon :) The radar will look very different later I think! :D

Cant belive it storms now dying heading towards cumbria , thats the end of today's fun im calling it a bust , and going to work !!!....

lol. At 9:32am  :cc_confused:  It has been crap this morning, but there is a LOT of time left! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Most of the activity seems to be to the east now. I really hope that isn't it already. Only 14c here but feeling muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Yes getting brighter here too. I travelled a bit this morning but it didn't work out particularly well as the cells lost a lot of electrical activity as they pushed further north. Saw some IC lightning and heard thunder but it wasn't quite a proper stormchase haha! Hopefully some daytime heating can spark things up for this afternoon :) The radar will look very different later I think! :D

well the beeb do have the focus on norther nengland northwards this afternoon with the south drying up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Where is the CF at the moment?

Good question, knowing that would help me to know whether I am still in the zone for possibilities.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Radar V6 is not working but V4 is.

Posted

MetO ppn charts seem to think 1-2pm could be round 2?

Maybe rain but if we couldn't get anything much from an existing storm that was tracking towards our region and large altocumulus castellanus was developing ahead of it, you do wonder what circumstances are needed for this region to get a storm at least the eastern parts of it.

Posted

Maybe rain but if we couldn't get anything much from an existing storm that was tracking towards our region and large altocumulus castellanus was developing ahead of it, you do wonder what circumstances are needed for this region to get a storm at least the eastern parts of it.

Even if the same ingredients are in place, the extra ingredient will be heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Just cnstant rain here, heavyish but weve had alot heavier here in th past two weeks,, very dark skies though, temp warmish but not overpoweringly so.

Posted

Just heavy rain here,hoping for fun later.Didnt expect 2 main bands like this,so hoping for developments.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Does anyone think the thunderstorms over the W Bay Of Biscay might impact me later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Does anyone think the thunderstorms over the W Bay Of Biscay might impact me later?

Unlikely. As the last of the rain clears the south, it should brighten up and turn in to a nice day.
  • Like 2