Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The sky is looking increasingly dark to my south, just had a few blobs of rain too

not got anything here yet.As I say, if cells are moving more nw today then the big stuff that develops over the midlands later could hit us

Posted

I think the rumbling I can hear is aircraft bring diverted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Can't wait! Is there any hail and gusty winds?

It seemed oddly calm to me. Usually in these type of storms the wind will pick up but it remained fairly still whilst it went overheard. The rain was heavy but I've seen more biblical under those 'heat of the day' cells. I think perhaps size of this has affected a larger area but the intensity wasn't what I expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

From met o radar, that line has fully filled in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Actually radar starting to show some livelier echoes suddenly across the SE...aaarrrgggghhhhh!!!! Will stop posting now.....too early and I'm too tired lol

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Can't wait! Is there any hail and gusty winds?

no hail, or winds, does seem to be moving away to my north now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

So mega jealous...all I can hear is the sound of diverted aircraft at high altitude (not good). Humid air still insitu with dark clouds to my south and west but radar showing this to be no more than a dying meh! Clearly the zone for destabilisation has now past well to the north. All that is moving north in France is frontal decaying mess.Sounds like some pretty awesome stuff north of hear, radar looks crazy

Yes, a very definite 'meh' here lol. Very disappointing. Just heavy-ish rain. Perhaps we'll get some sun which might invigorate things a bit in the SE. Did the trough move through a lot earlier than expected?

Posted

Just done a full loop of radar and the way the line weakened across gentleshaw area is absolutely ridiculous, heavier stuff hitting either side of here Lichfield and cannock, I got a few rumbles though so I am grateful however felling disappointed at the same time

Posted

Morning all

Watching a line of storms edging near my area, just took some snaps of the momantus clouds coming into view wind picking up should see a storm very soon i feel

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny

Very lively thunder storm here for about an hour now!

Posted

First thunder heard here.

Rapid changes in the skies above. Enjoy this show this morning then have a pint to celebrate at dinner

• Like 1

Posted

A little disappointed here. Some nice lightning shots and some decent thunder but nothing really to write home about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just done a full loop of radar and the way the line weakened across gentleshaw area is absolutely ridiculous, heavier stuff hitting either side of here Lichfield and cannock, I got a few rumbles though so I am grateful however felling disappointed at the same time

but would be other way in winter, with the snow hitting gentleshaw, with lichfield and cannock lower down getting less

Posted

Ironically enough today is the start of the 'Whaley water weekend'. Quite apt considering the deluge to come this morning, the line is also filling in along the trough now. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Now whats the 2nd batch of showers going to do over France. Build up or fade into heavy showers. The stuff to the south of us looking better.

Posted

As I look at the lightning radar, it seems that over the last hour or so it's been producing less and less lightning. I hope it's not dissipaiting.

Radar shows it filling out - still intense in the centre, but it's become much deeper north-south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

A little disappointed here. Some nice lightning shots and some decent thunder but nothing really to write home about.

I felt the same. I'm not sure wether there was a slight lull in the intensity of the cells, it is hard to tell on the radar. There was a fair bit of sheet lightning but not constant and the thunder lacked the 'boom' you usually get. There was one or two and I'm glad I've experienced my first storm of the year (I kept missing ones in Stoke due to being at work), but not one of the best.

Posted

We've just had thunder with a heavy shower. Didn't see any lightning though

Posted

One thing to note with the CF to the west, is rain that falls this morning could be potential juice for anything later today with any sun. As long as the cf stays out west.

Posted

The way I see it, the cold front is just to the west of Wales. Is that right? We might be finished over this side but surely now, the further east you are the more storms you are likely to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

All that stuff leaving France isn't being shown on the NMM ppn charts? 

post-9615-0-33460400-1402124595_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Lots of rain coming up from the S though none of it is electrified. But, because I had a thunderstorm earlier in the night, I'm not too sad.

Posted

Now whats the 2nd batch of showers going to do over France. Build up or fade into heavy showers. The stuff to the south of us looking better.

With any luck it will follow the same track as this mornings storm unless it gets killed off in the channel.  :unknw: