Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Those CAPE levels and LI over France and Belgium etc are just ridiculousWhy cant we have levels like that it ain't fair.

Two words: English Channel :( Still, Estofex issued a Level 1 for the South today. And A rare Level 3 warning for Northern France and Benelux. I note that the last time a Level 3 was issued this close to the UK mainland was 27th July last year, before that 14th July 2010, and before that - never!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Awoken by a rumble of thunder about 15 minutes ago but nothing since. It looks like a small thundery shower has developed just to my east and now heading NNE towards Alfreton.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Starting early with teases. Another day of near misses coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The GFS is picking up a thundery low developing over France and tracking northwards into the southern north sea. 

Posted Image

East Anglia and Kent could possibly get hit by something tonight.

Either way there should be some decent home grown convection today.

Posted

A use the Blitzortung lightning app, each strike is  a small square, each square (they are called rastars apparently) has a number in it...... Anyone know what the numbers mean? Some squares have duplicated numbers as well??

The numbers in each square is the number of lightning strikes in total for that square (I assume that it's the total for the past 120 minutes, as that is what it displays)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

I see the west midlands is in a yellow warning zone with only my county affected but it's only the extreme edge of the west midlands and Warwickshire is a quite a large county so I am not sure if I should worry too much as I seem very borderline

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

The GFS is picking up a thundery low developing over France and tracking northwards into the southern north sea. 

Posted Image

East Anglia and Kent could possibly get hit by something tonight.

Either way there should be some decent home grown convection today.

North Sea? ;) 

Overnight MCS - usually a bad thing, gets here at around 4am and is notable only for the extensive cloud cover which lasts for most of the day.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Looks like turning very warm for me later this week. No rain last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Almighty crack of thunder just then which I wasn't expecting....nearly cacked my pants. Rattled the inside of the house! 3 storms on 3 consecutive days now!

Some pretty pronounced mammatus in the sky at present.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

North Sea? ;)

Overnight MCS - usually a bad thing, gets here at around 4am and is notable only for the extensive cloud cover which lasts for most of the day.....

Hopefully things should brighten up quickly tomorrow morning.

Anyway we have an Estofex level 1 warning today (written discussion on the site shows we were very close to a level 2 warning). Looks like we could see some very big showers today and possible isolated supercells.

High res output showing a high of 27C today

Posted Image

Great cape values from London up to the wash and Lincolshire

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

morning all,

Up early with little one, so looking at these forums with interest. Some great looking convection outside already here! would post a pic, but both camera's in the house are missing and my phone has decided it needs a charge.

Here's hoping my area get something. (not at 3pm please)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A good crop of thundery showers to see in the new day. Bright sunshine here and already feels warm after the early showers and odd rumble have cleared away.

Unfortunately at work today but hoping something can happen this evening and into the night. Derby is too far west for tonight's possible MCS but not for today's home growns :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

A good crop of thundery showers to see in the new day. Bright sunshine here and already feels warm after the early showers and odd rumble have cleared away.

Unfortunately at work today but hoping something can happen this evening and into the night. Derby is too far west for tonight's possible MCS but not for today's home growns :)

Yes they appear to be getting going early. The sky looks very unstable with rapid convection evident.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Hopefully things should brighten up quickly tomorrow morning.

Anyway we have an Estofex level 1 warning today (written discussion on the site shows we were very close to a level 2 warning). Looks like we could see some very big showers today and possible isolated supercells.

High res output showing a high of 27C today

Posted Image

Great cape values from London up to the wash and Lincolshire

Posted Image

Much crossing of digits then. Certainly a good day for me to keep an eye on things :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

just saw breakfast forecast they have thundery showers scattered around most areas apart from sw but the most intense will be across eastern areas so hopefully I'll miss the very worst of them and the forecast for tonight seems to be less than what it was

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Bright flash of lightning and more thunder :D

Pleased for you CC :) Hope you get more
  • Like 1

Posted

Bright flash of lightning and more thunder :D

That cell is heading towards my area but going off what has happened recently, the pattern would be for it to weaken as it approaches here.By the look of the charts, today and tomorrow could be the last chance for a while to see anything thundery around here.There's the rest of the summer to go but that was said about last winter about snow prospects and we know what happened there!