Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Just looked at the radar loop to see what i missed today while i was at my folks :bad:

Because i wasn't around to reset the cam the last frame recorded was 4.48......Close but no cigar

Must teach the missus better :diablo:

Looks like a few of you were lucky enough though

Brumcam coverage for yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPDnq3bu1D0

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

I know i prattle on about my dislike of this type of weather but I will wish all in the east the best of luck of catching a storm tomorrow

Shame you don't live closer to me Gordon, i'd be more than happy to pop round when theres something heading your way and see if we can work on getting you over your phobia, i have a phobia of dogs, i really can't be near a dog thats not on a lead, i feel for you mate,it must be so tough.

Posted

Latest from ESTOFEX

http://www.estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showforecast.cgi?text=yes&fcstfile=2014061006_201406082231_3_stormforecast.xml

Looks like an interesting day ahead...................

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Shame you don't live closer to me Gordon, i'd be more than happy to pop round when theres something heading your way and see if we can work on getting you over your phobia, i have a phobia of dogs, i really can't be near a dog thats not on a lead, i feel for you mate,it must be so tough.

Quite a few people on this forum live in or near Bedworth. Think they should meet up and run some save Gordon parties and get him over his phobia, nothing beats enjoying a good storm.  :help: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Can't say I feel envious of those in the level 3 estofex zone, especially when they use words like very dangerous set up etc. don't get me wrong, I like a good storm as much as most in here, (wasn't always the case but that's another story) but once it starts going into the realms of extreme...very large hail, tornadoes..not for me ta.

People in France and Belgium will be having major sleep deprivation issues right now that's for sure!

Posted

Be interesting to see what happens in these parts tomorrow, wasn't really expecting anything notable to be honest, but having just seen the Estofex forecast the situation seems to have moved along fairly rapidly since I looked at the models lunchtime. I'm guessing all that extreme MLCAPE being released over in France & Benelux is going to overspill into the south east triggering some home grown cells, with a chance of an overnight MCS pushing up during the early hours of Tuesday. Looking good  :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I think the SE has a fairly good chance of seeing storms during the early hours looking at the EURO4 with places anywhere on the line between Brighton and Norwich seeing some action.

Posted

BBC Forecast graphics (Don't take them as gospel) showed showers and storms really kick off in and around London and areas North West of it from about 2/3pm, but a larger area came through during the night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Wont let me view it?I wonder if I am a little bit too far west for tomorrows action.

Posted

waiting for Tuesday...CAPE aprox 4000! dew points around 24°C and temperatures around 35°C....awesome!

• Like 2

Posted

Wont let me view it?I wonder if I am a little bit too far west for tomorrows action.

I'd think you're in prime position to be honest, North West London could certainly see something. 

The Estofex warning covers a large area.

• Like 1

Posted

waiting for Tuesday...CAPE aprox 4000! dew points around 24°C and temperatures around 35°C....awesome!

+ lifted index is -13...if CIN breaks, hell will break loose here!

Posted

Just make sure you stay safe and inform others if you see anything dangerous coming, that level of atmospheric ingredients has TROUBLE written all over it....  :fool:

• Like 1

Posted

Just make sure you stay safe and inform others if you see anything dangerous coming, that level of atmospheric ingredients has TROUBLE written all over it....  :fool:

sure, i'm aware of the potential setup we're facing...i hope DWD (german weather service) know what this setup is capable of!

Posted

The Estofex warning covers a large area.

I'm hoping that the generalising because of that large area isn't it's downfall.  I'm sure that we'll get a better idea when one of our forecasters take a look.  Does look good though...

Posted

Armageddon looks like it will hit france possibly today. Looks very severe there (and seems to start from 9 in the morning if not sooner) Ho hum!

Posted

I'm hoping that the generalising because of that large area isn't it's downfall.  I'm sure that we'll get a better idea when one of our forecasters take a look.  Does look good though...

I suppose it just proves that tomorrow could be very unpredictable? The conditions on the continent will surely influence what happens over here somewhat. 

Posted

Well, central Leicester had nowt overnight Friday and into Saturday, nowt Saturday day or evening, or overnight Saturday into Sunday, and nowt all day today or this evening!! Not a rumble or even distant brief little glow for a micro-second....

Anything heading my way at all or has someone paid to have the Leicester Storm Shield upgraded?!!!

Edited by Speedway Slider

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Whoops someone left the strobe lights on .........

Posted

A use the Blitzortung lightning app, each strike is  a small square, each square (they are called rastars apparently) has a number in it...... Anyone know what the numbers mean? Some squares have duplicated numbers as well??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Kent and other parts of the south east corner look good for storms later! Maybe missing west London as usual though!