Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Moderate rain here currently. No thunder but wasn't expecting much today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Strikes picked up near Derby 

that's the one that missed me just about 45 mins ago

Moderate rain here currently. No thunder but wasn't expecting much today.

no that band of rain is mostly just that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

"bet it'll be simple rain by then if it gets this far" Gordon webb, My glass is always half full!...... we all know here what your is :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

MetOffice precip chart showing thunderstorms heading into the southeast corner later tonight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Some grey cloud building here now.

Amazing the amount of cloud types in the sky. AcCas, cirrus, cumulus to name just a few.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Cmon Mother nature I love you really ......

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Thundery shower approaching here almost dead on schedule as well. Will it survive the Sheffield shield considering it started it's journey a long way away. Odds 9 to 1 against... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Thundery shower approaching here almost dead on schedule as well. Will it survive the Sheffield shield considering it started it's journey a long way away. Odds 9 to 1 against... :)

seems to be dying out on the 5min radar...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

MetOffice precip chart showing thunderstorms heading into the southeast corner later tonight. 

I was looking at the Met Office precipitation charts, and the Euro4, which both show precipitation heading north from the continent. Both models appear to differ on the positioning though. However, is there anything to say this will be thundery. I know the BBC forecasts have been saying it will be a sticky, humid night and a humid day tomorrow but no mention of thunder. 

Does anyone have access to MLCAPE charts to see if there is any instability at elevated levels to sustain elevated activity?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Big clap of thunder to my East

The thundery core will pass by to our east I think PIT. Looks like I'm going to get hit by the little shower ahead of it - it's gone very grey here and the win has picked up. Hopefully if the big shower keeps its electrical activity I'll see some lightning as it passes by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Rain clearing away now however brightness might trigger something off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I was looking at the Met Office precipitation charts, and the Euro4, which both show precipitation heading north from the continent. Both models appear to differ on the positioning though. However, is there anything to say this will be thundery. I know the BBC forecasts have been saying it will be a sticky, humid night and a humid day tomorrow but no mention of thunder. 

Does anyone have access to MLCAPE charts to see if there is any instability at elevated levels to sustain elevated activity?

The GFS shows weak values from the early hours of tomorrow, these build during the day (probably home grown showers). Monday night shows some serious cape values pushing up the north sea and clipping eastern coasts so a definite chance of something Monday night. Especially given the explosive potential over France tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=6&map=10

Sorry CAPE LI, It's CAPE ML You want

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

That rain almost here and sky looks threatening, however I do not think the energy is there to see anything more than the odd rumble of thunder, if even that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Nothing more than a heavy shower here in the end.Two quick photos I took before it rained.post-17017-0-45040900-1402240390_thumb.jpost-17017-0-99699900-1402240492_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I was looking at the Met Office precipitation charts, and the Euro4, which both show precipitation heading north from the continent. Both models appear to differ on the positioning though. However, is there anything to say this will be thundery. I know the BBC forecasts have been saying it will be a sticky, humid night and a humid day tomorrow but no mention of thunder.  Does anyone have access to MLCAPE charts to see if there is any instability at elevated levels to sustain elevated activity?

From what I can work out its only the UKMO suggesting this. The MetO precip forecast going for some quite intense, convective outbreaks across the SE quadrant (primarily London, Home Counties and EA).Not feeling humid today, but it is very warm...I reckon about 25C around here today, would be surprised if not the warmest day if the year

Posted

The band heading up from the southwest just arrived here, very loud thunder as a result of CC lighting, torrential rain, now heading north up the A370 so you lads in Bristol/Thornbury may be in for a shout in about 20mins or so! :-) sorry no photos even though have iOS 7 my phone isn't waterproof! :-)

Edited by smiles
  • Like 1