Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Was just a small cell that clipped us with its western edge, there was a bigger one to the west of me. I'm still in Norwich and haven't ventured out yet. Wasn't expecting that little burst so early so it's a bonus.

Wind started to gust and even more so when the rain started. a few rumbles of thunder heard, 2 reasonably close and one flash of lightning seen. Rain has just started again so it isn't finished just yet although no thunder for the last 15 mins or so.

More precip moving towards us and I think I will venture out at that point to see if there still is a gust front.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

The CAPE is not going to be high enough to strengthen storms, perhaps in the East there will be decent CAPE values. Central / Northern England probably have seen the last of storms, Eastern England has better chances.

Edited by Cumulonimbus123

Posted

Sitting tight till at least 11:30 then il make a decision on where to head, as others have pointed out, its all about nowcasting at this stage!

I still believe that anywhere in East Midlands, South Yorks, Linconshire is prime for a storm in the afternoon 

And those simply posting just to moan and winge at their lack of storms, please go in the moaning thread as all you are doing is clogging this one up! This is a developing situation, that's barely even begun so to right it off is beyond ridiculus..  :nonono:

getting up at 6 am to boltec going crazy ,amazing skys and an aproching mass of sferics only to watch it die before my eyes , I'm bound to be pxxxed off !!!.....
  • Like 5

Posted

getting up at 6 am to boltec going crazy ,amazing skys and an aproching mass of sferics only to watch it die before my eyes , I'm bound to be pxxxed off !!!.....

Firstly that's your fault for getting your hopes up and secondly If your going to be pxxxed off, do it in the no storm thread not here. And just to mention, I haven't seen a good storm in about 15 years ;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

The rain has arrived lol!! Bit of an bust for my area, some people had some monster cells this morning so i hope you luucky people enjoyed it! Cheer up everyone summer is far from over yet! Still wouldn't rule out a few rouge cells to grow behind the cold front this afternoon...

Posted

Think the lovely term 'thundery rain' is what can be used to sum up the rest of the day here.

Firstly that's your fault for getting your hopes up and secondly If your going to be pxxxed off, do it in the no storm thread not here. And just to mention, I haven't seen a good storm in about 15 years ;)

tii 2 w eeks ago same here , had a fix but need more :).........heavy rain cleared now ... Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 2

Posted

Thats the nature of the weather and storms i'm afraid, should of come to Ipswich, its been awesome.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow

Was just a small cell that clipped us with its western edge, there was a bigger one to the west of me. I'm still in Norwich and haven't ventured out yet. Wasn't expecting that little burst so early so it's a bonus.

Wind started to gust and even more so when the rain started. a few rumbles of thunder heard, 2 reasonably close and one flash of lightning seen. Rain has just started again so it isn't finished just yet although no thunder for the last 15 mins or so.

More precip moving towards us and I think I will venture out at that point to see if there still is a gust front.

There was a line of storms moving towards us this morning, but it split and we fell inside the split - bloody typical.

But it looks like we're in the hotspot this afternoon for a change, so lets hope the models hold up!

Posted

Those cells have moved through now brightening up to my south/southwest.

Posted

Hi all,

Nothing at all of substance some heavy rain nought else. Very disappointed. I know it's only early but for London I think we are just a tad too far south, which is most infuraiting as we are under good cape. That PPN.. Has pushed north of a London and has intensified. It's like having a larger surface area, more likely to deliver the goods. Still hopeful not as optimistic :)

Had quite a lot of trouble logging in this Morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Scrambled east towards Wisbech and Kings Lynn. What a decision that was! Big booms of thunder and huge raindrops !

Posted

That next band is filling out again, causing us to have murky grey skies here. Still a good few hours to play for!

Posted

There was a line of storms moving towards us this morning, but it split and we fell inside the split - bloody typical.

But it looks like we're in the hotspot this afternoon for a change, so lets hope the models hold up!

The left split was better but I can't say I didn't see or hear anything now though :) I could have gone out to meet them but was not expecting anything until a bit later.

However it isn't game over yet so chin up people!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

I'm pretty happy with how this is developing, I think the expectation for today was quite high. It is, however, 11am, we have a good few hours of heating potential to go yet, and with the rain many of us have just had, plenty of moisture in a reasonably unstable environment. Absolutely by no means a bust yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

All gone very quiet and benign here now. Hoping this thick layer of cloud gets cleared and we can build a bit of heat...otherwise it's going to be a rather drab day for the first weekend of June!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Well I was right the Bristol gap returned the storm shield did its job and got absolutely nothing again.

Yes you were. That's twice in the last few weeks with 2 decent storms.

Edited by Karl83