Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Well it looks as though thats it for the main event down here, barring the far se, just at Newbury showground now and managed to catch the last two cgs from that mass on the cf in this area. Think its time for a coffe and to get on the road home to bonnie Scotland.

Side note, anyone had any hail? Seemed quite prevalent in forecasts but I guess with everything moving thru quicker theres not been a chance for surface based storms to develop?

Please let me know if im wrong and theres another wave on the way, id happily stay a while longer here for another shot at this setup!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Posted Image

Morning all. Two thunderstorms have passed over Basingstoke this morning. This capture was from the second storm about an hour ago. Some great purple CC lightning and thunder. Didn't see any CG lightning at all. Hopefully more to come later on. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Stopped raining here,suns trying to come out lol, no storms or anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I give up!

Come on 'Mapantz' keep it together Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Moderate shower in London, no lightning, wind or anything remotely interesting. Looks like that'll be our lot for the day so a complete dud around here. Just hoping for it to brighten up now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

We have CGs! Toot toot!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wow, that clap was directly overhead & made the whole house shudder. Sounded like canon fire! And now my head is really banging - always get bad headache when it's stormy!

I'm not far from you and can't hear it at all...gone dark your way but I think it's the dregs for us now...very disappointing but have to hand it to the models, pretty much bang on in excluding Kent from the action!!!

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

looks like to me as the band across me and london west seems to be dying, lightning activity is dropping.. only had 1 flash and thunder, rain has is light and cloud is now breaking up.. something is killing it!!

yeah,very poor really.A short burst of convective rainfall and one flash of lightning and clap of thunder.Some light rain to follow by the looks of things and perhaps some evening brightness to follow.As usual the near continent is the place to be storm wise now and in the coming days while we stay our usual benign self!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I want my money back. A few rumbles, no flashes and a bit of rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Come on 'Mapantz' keep it together Posted Image

All good here. I just wish some people would read everything before picking bits out and then trying to analyse it.

The "further big downpours" moving in to southern England are what's showing on the radar across southern counties at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

First overhead thunder storm for 6 years in the early hours of this morning.

Have got video footage, will post later.

Posted

For us in northern England,the cold front down south is going to hit us at a good time and slow a little.Should be some good developments midday onwards.

• Like 1

Posted

We have CGs! Toot toot!

Well jel! Nothing but a wet fart here. Think I'm going to toddle off and do something productive! Hope you enjoy one and all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Looks like it'll only be moderate rain by the time it gets here, all electrical activity all but gone! Darn it.... 

Posted

Okay so here is the dilemma.

Met Office precipitation forecast shows Derby under some heavy precipitation early afternoon and I can see I am still to the east and north of the CF. However, there is thick cloud here now so surface heating is not really happening. 

Tony G on ukww has highlighted East Anglia, the Wash and Cambridgeshire as the best places this afternoon - and GFS/WRF would agree with this. However, it is dependent on clouds clearing in order to bring about surface based storms.

Unsure whether to head east to catch anything that develops around Cambridgeshire/Lincolnshire/EA or stay put.

Posted

For us in northern England,the cold front down south is going to hit us at a good time and slow a little.Should be some good developments midday onwards.

Just what I was thinking jogs, hope this rubbish currently sat over northern england quickly clears, so the temps can rise and so I can see what's happening a lot clearer :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Some very strange clouds and movement in the skies to the south of Milton Keynes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Electrical activity seems to be waning a bit, still some in the east/southeast though.

post-15177-0-65402900-1402133378_thumb.p

Posted

Once the heavy rain arrived the thunder stopped. Seems to be brightening up.

Maybe something will kick off later??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Heavy shower... No electrical activity, pretty lame.

Posted

well, that was a crock of ****. Three rumbles at 9am and thats it, thats how plume destablisation goes round here since 2006. Thats me done with UK storms for a while I think, unless you live in peterborough these days there doesn't seem much point. See you guys around, hope you get to see something:)

• Like 4