Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Can hear booming thunder in the channel.

For once lol ! The theory of a warmer channel seems to be working not bad ! :)

Posted

well,a good morning so far, sun trying to come out now, heres hoping a bit of heat will juice things up a bit, although not expecting to much more

Posted

All this is, is knackered, dissipating junk. I still find it very typical that the rain is falling but the lightning has gone though.

I saw a faint flash about 15 minutes ago over towards Warrington but that's been it. Still crossing everything that we get something and soon. I need to take the tiddley peeps to dancing in an hour. Don't really want to be driving / walking in it.Ooh the rain has suddenly got a LOT heavier here.............................. 

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

The killer here was probably the lower temperatures being a good five degrees down on the predicted values overnight. Need some sunshine to get the clouds building up. I'm not sure we're going to get it though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy showers with rumbles of Thunder in the Distance. Temp 11.1c, Rain 1.3mm.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

We have thunder, virtually straight overhead! :D

• Like 1

Posted

Well I had a bad feeling at 2am when things still hadn't developed and my fears were right!!naff all in this part of the midlands!!storms have diverted around me aswell to add insult to injury!!everything was looking excellent until the last 24 hours when everything was getting downgraded!!last hope is those storms coming out near Southampton area and if that doesnt happen then its game set and match!!

Posted

All action here :)Thunder so loud has set car alarms of in the carpark opposite me lol

Yes we've just had a few rumbles, sheet lightning and heavy rain in Cowes.Sounds like it was more over in Sandown though!

Posted

According to the lightning map, its 5 miles SE of me... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is the cell leaving Derby still active? Heading my way but it appears to be dying on the radar 

It was as it moved out of Derby but as I said it was nothing overly special, just a nice little storm to open the days proceedings. Take a look to the south, a lot of storms coming into the south of England. I am no expert but I would say these could benefit from a bit of surface heating and we will also be closer to the CF by the time they get here, so probably more chance of them sustaining.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The leading edge of the stuff in the channel is really starting to get a head of steam, looks like a really intense band of rain pushing up into the Southampton area and anywhere east of there should be hit in the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Any chance for me this afternoon? Only if I get one of those showers to the SW, I suppose.

Unlikely to get anything thundery this afternoon as we will be west of the CF by then and in the more stable airmass. A few showers possible but that is it.I'm still not ruling out tomorrow though. The media forecasts aren't showing much but I think a couple of convergence lines could develop and become thundery somewhere across Southern England but hey, we will see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

First set of rain just about to arrive as the hills seem to have disappeared in the rain. Faint distant thunder and very dark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Bit of a breeze here but the air is warm and the sun still beating down. It's perfect beach walking weather this. Can't help but notice the juice line appearing to the south of this region around the Sheffield area....hope it continues to build and tap in to some diurnal heating just a small storm would satisfy my hunger today!!

Posted

I can hear planes flying through this now, so it looks like a dud now. Fingers crossed for later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

hopefully me and u east england stormchaser we will get something later

Ah we will do. That stuff over Hampshire has our name on it I reckon :D

Posted

Another crack of thunder here. Getting closer to me.. Think its only cloud to cloud though.