Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Just sooooo jealous! Enjoy.

Doesn't look very impressive on Raintoday - I think the standards for impressive storms are much more lenient in the Isle of Man, considering it's usually a wasteground for convection.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Organisation getting going across Northern France. Strikes becoming more frequent. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Just sooooo jealous! Enjoy.

Doesn't look very impressive on Raintoday - I think the standards for impressive storms are much more lenient in the Isle of Man, considering it's usually a wasteground for convection.

Only seen 2 flashes, distant. There has always been a problem with radar coverage around the Isle of Man, in that it doesn't show full images and instead only shows a mixup of pixels.

Edited by Convective

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A lot of activity in the Channel and moving off Northern France. One batch has Dorset's name on it for starters and the others further south look to be heading slightly NNE. I decided not to drive out south, at least not yet...

Posted

A lot of activity in the Channel and moving off Northern France. One batch has Dorset's name on it for starters and the others further south look to be heading slightly NNE. I decided not to drive out south, at least not yet...

Think you made a good call not driving south, The stuff moving over the channel now seems to be losing energy and even if it builds again, it looks like daylight will arrive before it makes any real progress Northwards!

Im off to bed feeling optimistic about tomorrows chances! 

Night all 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

First strike now on the IOW!!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, it looks like once again it will split before it hits Bognor and pass either side of us. Bournemouth looks to be in the firing line for some of the fun though.

And first strike for the I.O.W.

Posted

well came back home after waiting it out for 8 hours. By the time anything reaches here now, it will be getting light and i dont care much about photographing, flat, elevated, gun-metal skies with the odd flash you can barely see because it's not dark anymore:( a bust for me i'm afraid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

If those cells in the channel keep developing nicely, a large portion of C/S England as well as the W.Country could be in business. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Yes, it looks like once again it will split before it hits Bognor and pass either side of us. Bournemouth looks to be in the firing line for some of the fun though.

And first strike for the I.O.W.

Seems it will miss us here too, looks like it's taken quite a sharp turn too.

Posted

I'm all but 10 miles in land north of Bournemouth and starting to see flickers of light on the horizon, strike alert has also just sprang into life signaling 24-40 mile proximity.

Comon baby........ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Lightning now visible on the dawlish beach webcam http://www.dawlishbeach.com/live/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18

Great link - thank you!  Only thing flickering here is my lounge lights!

Posted

Lightning now visible on the dawlish beach webcam http://www.dawlishbeach.com/live/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18

I thought it would be just an odd flash but that is pretty constant lightning! Thanks for the link, probably all i may see!

Posted

First very faint rumble heard, it's flashing a lot more often than the live map is indicating, I'm seeing near constant flashes on the horizon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Looks like it will be daylight before anything happens in London! :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: :lazy: I will be so cream crackered by then that I would probably sleep through an earthquake! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Daylight is showing here so not long for you lot down south..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Wow that was bright lightning on that webcam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Just woke up, seen a few distant flashes to the south, am getting a bit worried this storm is petering out across the channel.