Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 5th June 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sod it H.....let's have a ramp!  :D

Why not....OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG we're all going to end up in the Emerald City - carnage, destruction and devastation in all directions - masses of melon sized hailstones, EF5 tornadoes and lightning that'd make Faraday weep  :help:

And the worst thing....even my outrageous little 'ramp' just there is beaten by the Daily Express' take on this weekend  :shok:

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Sod it H.....let's have a ramp!  :D

woohooo!!!!

I might even unpack some of my camera gear for it and take a drive to the sea wall!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Oh well enjoy your storms if they happen as I can guarantee NAFF ALL will happen up here

• Like 1

Posted

Amazing westwards shift of high cape values. Annoying that I may just be too far EAST to see any storms. :fool:Central southern England and Wales has had a great year so far. I've had a few distant rumbles so far. Medway storm shield? :cc_confused:

Have we? I've seen three distant flashes this year:( (I know Central Southern is a fairly large place and vague when describing an area but I'm pretty much as central southern as you can get I would've thought)

EDIT - thats a lie, i did have that storm pass close by to the west of andover the other week, my bad, forgot about that one!

Edited by Azazel

Posted

Oh well enjoy your storms if they happen as I can guarantee NAFF ALL will happen up here

Keep rocking the reverse psychology and you might just get lucky!

• Like 2

Why not....OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG we're all going to end up in the Emerald City - carnage, destruction and devastation in all directions - masses of melon sized hailstones, EF5 tornadoes and lightning that'd make Faraday weep  :help:

And the worst thing....even my outrageous little 'ramp' just there is beaten by the Daily Express' take on this weekend  :shok:

The scenes awaiting us across Britain by Monday after the Daily Express forecast comes true

Posted Image 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The scenes awaiting us across Britain by Monday after the Daily Express forecast comes true

Posted Image  Posted Imageapoc.jpg

Looking at the LATEST FAX charts that must be one hell of a front >>>>> incoming Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Think I'll be too far north & west here to see any thunderstorms kicking off, on the other hand there's some very heavy rainfall being modelled and I'd be surprised if it didn't contain the odd flash and rumble at least! I'm hopeful... :D  :bomb:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

here's a cheeky little ramp coming at y'all..

baton down the hatches, get your ear protectors, prep the storm shelters, cos...........

El Grande Tempesto is coming !!!!

OI BOG OFF EL telephone boxIN BRUMMO WAS A LET DOWN YOU EVIL RAMPER !!!!!!!

Edited by paul m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Ooh, I don't know! Look North weather had that little flashy flashy icon for Saturday...we're probably headed up the Dales walking so either nothing will happen or we'll spend hours huddled in a cave sitting out the storms...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A shift westwards today...a shift eastwards tommorrow! Come on guys, we should have ALL learned by now not to take anything as gospel. That being said, it does look very promising should things stay exactly as they are or continue to trend westwards. If things look as they do today on Friday afternoon - then great!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

OI BOG OFF EL telephone boxIN BRUMMO WAS A LET DOWN YOU EVIL RAMPER !!!!!!!

El Brumo  was the 'dogs gonads'.....nuff said

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Can't wait for El Busto to be cracked out...

:oops: 

• Like 1

Posted

post-15513-0-73097900-1401895235_thumb.j

:D

Just playing, it's the best potential we've had in a while, so there's heaps to be excited about.

I might wear my lucky storm chasing *ahem* Garments. :D

• Like 2

Posted

Can't wait for El Busto to be cracked out...

:oops:

Lol as it stands it is looking promising, you cannot disregard that? Whatever happens it will be worth it, I love the anticipation and buzz. Thunderstorms are very unpredictable I wouldn't take MET.O word as a gospel que sera sera :) I think Reading will do well Central England. Is the safest place to be any shifts E/W of the cape will rule some in and out. I do think Saturday will be the highlight of the year. The models are not swaying. Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think we should call it L'Andrew - first proper plume of the year, following the hurricane naming.

Andrew was a beast of a hurricane so could be a good omen lol

Edited by Harry

Unless there's a sharp westerly correction, I feel cumbria will miss out on the fun and games , just got in so haven't looked at the charts properly yet !!...... edit , I really hope that plume advects further north , some amazing dp, s come weekend !....

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Whats peoples thoughts on this likely event? Are we looking at similar outcomes to June 2012 perhaps? Or something more widespread? Any MCS's? Cant believe we are basically seeing a more enhanced repeat of 2 weeks ago!! Lets hope we get something special! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Looking a little better on the 12z for us in the NW, thundery rain with embedded cells perhaps... Close to 2000 J/kg in the SE!

post-9615-0-22556100-1401897540_thumb.gipost-9615-0-02106900-1401897531_thumb.gi

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like the usual eastwards shift on the GFS and UKMO 12z.

GFS 06z, 12z

Posted ImagePosted Image

Not sure why people are surprised? 6z is notoriously a poor run, it generally over does any specific pattern to it's most severe level and the 12z usually wants to take things slightly east. I'd imagine things may or may not return west/east but, this is about par for the course IMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Blimey who said the continent gets the best cape values.... how right they are Posted Image

Posted Image