Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 5th June 2014 onwards

Posted

Looks lively down over portsmouth southhampton area this eve. Its not stopped raining here in se wales for 12 hours !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

that chart looks absolutely ripe for the midlands and south east england!!the gfs is lower than that by a bit!!I wouldn't say gfs has gone east its more the slightly lower cape values that make it loook that way!

In the next 48 - 60 hrs we'll all know for definite and then it's radar watching, in the mean time its 'Me To You, You To Me'

And hopefully come Sat we will all be the Chuckle Brothers/Sisters :p

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

There's still plenty of time for it to shift in the wrong direction.

Not that I'm bitter or anything, nope, not me :sorry:

I must confess you don't sound bitter

Me i'm hoping for an eastward shift 3,000 miles will do nicely

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

If you think logically,the GFS was progging it all to the east in the beginning, then it shifted west, and now we're back where we started; such a long way to go yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I must confess you don't sound bitter

Me i'm hoping for an eastward shift 3,000 miles will do nicely

a 3000 mile shift east and we would probably have corrected all the way to another southerly plume :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Is the rain band over wales ever going to move been raining here since six this morning got very heavy again see some storms kicking of down on the south coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Nice little development over west Surrey at present. Started as heavy shower at 18:51 with some hail at 18:52. First thunder heard at 19:03. There have been 10 rumbles of thunder so far (19:26) making this the best thunder event of the year so far.

• Like 1

Posted

Look at the differences as early as t72 hours on ecm and ukmo!!ukmo has that low pressure thingy further east across south east england whereas as ecm has that same little low/shortwave much further west across west wales!!!!!!therefore hot plume slightly further west aswell.......

post-9030-0-84143900-1401906619_thumb.pn

post-9030-0-89687700-1401906661_thumb.pn

post-9030-0-46359900-1401906705_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

Why can't we EVER  get anything here?? Looking at the radar, I am at the absolute epicentre of nothingness - it's all rotating around me like water going down the plughole...

Posted

Why can't we EVER  get anything here?? Looking at the radar, I am at the absolute epicentre of nothingness - it's all rotating around me like water going down the plughole...

no funnel clouds.. no storms .. no hail :L  

Posted

I know the primary focus of discussion is for saturday, but could anyone enlighten me on the possibilities of seeing anything after dark on friday/heading into saturday morning? Really desperate to get my first decent night time lightning shot. Got one in the daylight but havent managed a good nighttime one yet!

post-8367-0-84628100-1401907969_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted

Aaand as if by magic the storm completely dies as it approaches Egham.. did get quite gusty with a little bit of hail..

Edit... oh cancel that just had what I think was loud thunder! though it sounded a bit different to usual.. and another minute of hail.

Kind of odd with hail on and off (though not that heavy), so may be under an updraught.. though doesn't look especially promising and the updraught zone is moving off anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Same thunder heard here. Just the one so far though we're still right on the edge of it. Can still see the blue sky to the north.

Posted

Same thunder heard here. Just the one so far though we're still right on the edge of it. Can still see the blue sky to the north.

Managed to pick up more of the thunder than you over the past 40 minutes here in Surbiton a few miles to your east; a good few rumbles and flashes of lightning accompanied by squally rain but no hail. Wind reduced now but skies still quite black.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Sitting in Costco Carpark Watford at the moment and this is coming up behind me... Hopefully something left in it but I doubt it :)

(Yes I sit upside down :p )

post-20639-0-02835400-1401908712_thumb.j

Edited by Homerr
  • Like 2

Posted

Yeah that's true, main rain to our south perhaps. From what I can see it has a slight look of a decaying storm/downdraught raining out that may not produce any more thunder, though who knows. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Managed to pick up more of the thunder than you over the past 40 minutes here in Surbiton a few miles to your east; a good few rumbles and flashes of lightning accompanied by squally rain but no hail. Wind reduced now but skies still quite black.

Unbelievable how it was moving straight for Egham then just before slid underneath and round. Heard another distant rumble a few minutes ago to the east. Constant light rain now.

• Like 1

Posted

Sitting in Costco Carpark Watford at the moment and this is coming up behind me... Hopefully something left in it but I doubt it :)(Yes I sit upside down :p )

I'm about 5 miles south of your location.....in Northwood. It looks as though this feature is just a few miles to our east so areas like Harrow, Wembley, Hendon, Enfield etc may see something as it heads roughly SW to NE across the Capital. I haven't picked up any sferics on my MW radio but the sky looks very potent to my east, and the wind is now gusting quite strongly. This one seems to have popped up from nowhere.

NB:Welcome to Netweather by the way Homerr. Can you put you location in your profile please, it's useful for folk trying to follow live events. Cheers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

looking like for me on Saturday the front bringing the cooler air might be through relatively early just have to wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Send it a bit further east please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Liking the thunderstorm symbols on my local Netweather forecast for Saturday! Very high humidity as well,  it could feel quite oppressive! 

post-9615-0-58339700-1401911290_thumb.pn 

Check yours here - http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=weather-forecasts;sess=

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Showing from 10am to 10pm Posted Image .........BANK :)

• Like 2