Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 5th June 2014 onwards

Not sure why people are surprised? 6z is notoriously a poor run, it generally over does any specific pattern to it's most severe level and the 12z usually wants to take things slightly east. I'd imagine things may or may not return west/east but, this is about par for the course IMO.

The UKMO looks a bit further east as well, but yes not settled yet with more shifting around to come over upcoming runs. Central/E/NE areas will be the hotspots though I wager.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

We can sit here all day talking about shifts to the east and west, but what happened last time? It went against the grain of everything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a bit of advice which will help your sanity, rather than comparing consecutive model runs (which use different data sets) try comparing like for like (12z vs 12z or 00z v12z)....Trying this approach actually shows a rather different pattern in the modelling of the WAA/Plume. Using this method shows the highest amounts of instability or area of influence of the plume is actually trending further west and not east as some have posted

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Yesterday 12z for 14:00 SAT

Posted Image

Today 12z for 14:00 SAT

Posted Image

Going East, Mmmmmm !

• Like 1

Posted

Funnel cloud near scunny today, via twitter

post-15772-0-90564800-1401900554_thumb.j

Edited by boxy
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Probably going to be the same as June 28th 2012. The worst storms go JUST about too far east, and an odd minor storm passes by. Got my hopes up for a decent storm.

Yesterday 12z for 14:00 SAT

Today 12z for 14:00 SAT

Going East, Mmmmmm !

I was only being tounge in cheek, due to the infamous reputation for these plumes to drift E. Not saying it's going to happen.

My my the 12z NMM is tasty! The last time I saw precip this heavy being modelled was June 28th 2012

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MUCAPE spreading up early Saturday, then surface CAPE by midday...

Posted Image  Posted Image

Edited by Bobby
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just come across these pictures on Facebook taken around 11am today in Penrith!! 

post-9615-0-11242100-1401900900_thumb.jppost-9615-0-45130800-1401900892_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What's with all the funnel clouds recently, seems like they are rife this year despite similar conditions in previous years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I was only being tounge in cheek, due to the infamous reputation for these plumes to drift E. Not saying it's going to happen.

you're not wrong Bobby!...more eventual shunts east in the past than I've had hot dinners, but the good news is so far, modelling is not showing any general trend for an eastwards shunt, over the past 48 hours modelling has been trending more of the UK to be under the influence of the WAA.....If however, the overnight runs and subsequent morning runs show a change, then I'd start to feel the first pangs of concern

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

There's still plenty of time for it to shift in the wrong direction.

Not that I'm bitter or anything, nope, not me :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Lots of thunderstorms over Central S England if none of you have noticed. Lucky buggers!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Small but pleasantly active cell not too far from here a few minutes ago, gave some nice CG's and gunshot thunder. I think it might have been my budgie having one last hurrah - he died on Monday and his name was Thor. :)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hello!

usual look at the sky on the school run and it looked crazy - dark as you like, towers going up in minutes, Crazy. Thirty minutes later, thankfully when i was home the heavens opened, but no thunder.

Not jealous or anything about your storm. :nonono: nope.

I see your storm and raise you what i get over the weekend :crazy:

Sorry to hear about your pet :(

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

My my the 12z NMM is tasty! The last time I saw precip this heavy being modelled was June 28th 2012

MUCAPE spreading up early Saturday, then surface CAPE by midday...

Posted Image

Tounge in cheek... indeed! most of the time it does go East bound, just right now things look very intresting for the weekend.

That's one hell of a juicy Cape chart above, i'll take back what i said earlier about "the continent gets the best cape values"

If that comes off.... Back to the 80s here we come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I will be free to chase storms from Friday afternoon through to Sunday morning so I am hoping to see something.

Quite a few fairly active cells across the central part of southern England as has been pointed out and some great funnel cloud pictures. Whether the weekend happens or not it is exciting watching the potential. In my view it looks quite similar to 28th June 2012 with some decent shear and helicity values showing up on lightning wizard for up to 12noon Saturday which is as far as it goes. Should things pan out as is currently showing then we could be in for a day to remember once more.... and that is as much as I am going to ramp for now :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I will be free to chase storms from Friday afternoon through to Sunday morning so I am hoping to see something. Quite a few fairly active cells across the central part of southern England as has been pointed out and some great funnel cloud pictures. Whether the weekend happens or not it is exciting watching the potential. In my view it looks quite similar to 28th June 2012 with some decent shear and helicity values showing up on lightning wizard for up to 12noon Saturday which is as far as it goes. Should things pan out as is currently showing then we could be in for a day to remember once more.... and that is as much as I am going to ramp for now :D

Oh yes 2012. Nothing happened here as usual lol
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Just seen the latest Beeb Forecast and what they have for saturday is a band of heavy Or Thundery rain possibly torrential in places moving north with fresher weather moving behind after what they describe as a warm humid start to the day although at this distance they don't know where the heaviest rain will fall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Hello! usual look at the sky on the school run and it looked crazy - dark as you like, towers going up in minutes, Crazy. Thirty minutes later, thankfully when i was home the heavens opened, but no thunder. Not jealous or anything about your storm. :nonono: nope.I see your storm and raise you what i get over the weekend :crazy: Sorry to hear about your pet :(

Thank you. :)And you probably will beat me over the weekend, I'll be out of the country :lol:

Posted

Tounge in cheek... indeed! most of the time it does go East bound, just right now things look very intresting for the weekend.That's one hell of a juicy Cape chart above, i'll take back what i said earlier about "the continent gets the best cape values"If that comes off.... Back to the 80s here we come.

that chart looks absolutely ripe for the midlands and south east england!!the gfs is lower than that by a bit!!I wouldn't say gfs has gone east its more the slightly lower cape values that make it loook that way!

Posted

Looks like them cells are going to pass 50 miles to my north nat had a good storm yet this year hoping to get one this weekend before I go to meorca

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

@climate_eyes: hehe and have a safe trip!  :)

That day in 2012 started promising, woke up at 6:45 and it was already thundering, be it only a few bangs, Then around 10am the cloud began to build, it was hot and humid and you could feel the storm coming. And it did. Not overhead but MK got a soaking, and I had some amazing lightning I could happily watch without getting wet with thunder rolled in to. Sometimes having a storm that close is annoying and good at the same time I think. 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2