Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cumulus Wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Hi there guys,

I've been having this issue for an incredibly long time now and I see no way of fixing this problem.

If any of you own the sandaysoft software 'Cumulus' and you own a Davis weather station, you may fully well know about this problem that is so irritating.

Sometimes, when a wind gust is recorded the value goes up afterwards. This causes the wind graph to sometimes not show the high gust at the given time. It seems that it's not really to do with Cumulus but it does in a way because Cumulus doesn't use the Davis DLL WeatherLink does and this is due to the stubborn developer.

So, basically what happens is that sometimes after a wind gust is recorded on the Davis Vantage Vue console the figure goes up about a minute afterwards between 1 - 5 mph. Although, sometimes it doesn't and it sometimes depends on the wind direction. Mainly this issue happens out of SE, SSE, S and SSW winds.

I don't know if any of you are experiencing/experienced the problem. I have heard it may be something to do with the Davis DLL but I'm not sure.

Here is an example of today for instance:

Posted Image

The highest gust today was 21 mph at 14:54 and as you can see from the wind graph, there is no 21 mph to be seen, only 20 mph is the highest shown.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted

Can someone help please?

Posted

Help in what way, it's obviously a known issue?As a change of topic I see Weather-Display has a calamity in that the developer (rather carelessly!) has lost the source code in an unrecoverable hard drive crash.However he is talking about doing a full revision aka WD mkII which could be interesting.In practice this means there will be no more new releases on the existing software although some small tweaks are possible.It was getting very intimidating to new users with all the bits and pieces added on over many years - not always in entirely logical ways. 

Posted

Help in what way, it's obviously a known issue?As a change of topic I see Weather-Display has a calamity in that the developer (rather carelessly!) has lost the source code in an unrecoverable hard drive crash.However he is talking about doing a full revision aka WD mkII which could be interesting.In practice this means there will be no more new releases on the existing software although some small tweaks are possible.It was getting very intimidating to new users with all the bits and pieces added on over many years - not always in entirely logical ways. 

What has your post got to do with this issue. Reporting.

Posted

I answered it in the first sentence.Are you only here to be rude and aggressive again?If you expected a way to magically change the software behaviour you will be disappointed. 

Posted

I answered it in the first sentence.Are you only here to be rude and aggressive again?If you expected a way to magically change the software behaviour you will be disappointed. 

What? I wasn't being rude. After your first sentence you talked about Weather-Display. What has that got to do with Cumulus?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I think it's do do with how quickly Cumulus reads the data, I'm sure I remember a setting that could be put at 1 second intervals, it solved my problem of Cumulus missing certain gusts, it did come at a cost, cpu usage increased by quite a margin.

Posted

I think it's do do with how quickly Cumulus reads the data, I'm sure I remember a setting that could be put at 1 second intervals, it solved my problem of Cumulus missing certain gusts, it did come at a cost, cpu usage increased by quite a margin.

Is that the VP2SleepInterval set at 1000?

Posted

VP2SleepInterval doesn't work at all with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

That's because it is a vantage pro setting.

There was a separate setting to read data, the default is every two seconds, I set it to one second.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Erm why not post the question on cumulus support forums.

Got to admit I've seen high gusts missed by Weatherlink, Cumulus and Weather display at times. Only rarely but it has happened.

Going to weather display I was bit gob smacked too see him lose the source code like that. It's now coming back. Hopefully if he does Weather Display 2 the interface is tidied up. e.g All the internet options in one place for example. Maybe a good idea if he went for more module approach as supporting so many stations is probably why he fixes one problem then causes another bug elsewhere.