Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Saturday 17th July 2004

PB22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

REEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY bad in Ipswich- never seen anything like it- thunder is deafening and lightning is reallly bright

Posted

Still dry here 20 miles NE of Ipswich...but very dark to my SW. Can hear thunder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

the rain in Ipswich is now only heavy- before it was so bad you couldnt even see the other side of the road! It flooded our street :shock: it is still really humid though :roll:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous
Hi all... :)  

Just had a big storm pass over, a lot of lightning, heavy rain and momentarly some large hail stones, location Southend Essex storm appeared to be moving N-N-E....

cheers,

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
Hi all... :)  

Just had a big storm pass over, a lot of lightning, heavy rain and momentarly some large hail stones, location Southend Essex storm appeared to be moving N-N-E....

cheers,

Steve

excellent storm it was... just seems that my road was the only area not to see any hailstones. speaking to my mum she said she had huge hailstones and cracked greenhouse next door to her.. we just had very heavy rain. oh... and lots of lightning and thunder.. heres hoping for more 8) :roll: :?: :?:

Guest Squitters

Hi... 8)

It was a good one..! I was out walking the dog and noticed a very moody looking bank of cloud to the south and lightning out to the east and west ( I'm on actually on the boundary of Eastwood and Rayleigh about 4 miles east of Southend town center) when there was an very vivid cloud to clould flash, my dog reached about 300 knots after that and we just got in when the hailstones and rain started, that passed over and another

'cell' slightly to the east of me approached producing even more lightning..... :)

cheers,

Steve

Posted

Just to report rumble of thunder in developing shower passing above me as i type :) Might be something might not

Posted

One of the more interesting storms that has developed in these parts this summer, this morning was really humid and the Thunderstorm spoken about over Kent moved north as already mentioned over East Essex, Southend moving northwards. Mainly sheet lightning here with some 13 mm of rain here over an hour or so in duration. Looks fairly settled here at the moment.

Posted

What a day!!!!!! Now have very heavy rain from the start of this line of showers moving east.

Paul Sherman

Torrential now!!!

Posted

Not great i'm afraid Timmy, just a heavy shower with nothing electrical this time :cry: Still earlier has made my day if not month.

Paul Sherman

Posted

Torrential rain falling here now as cold front comes through. No thunder/lightning, but intense rainfall.

Guest Squitters

Hi all... :D

Just had a brief heavy shower pass Southend heading N-N-E, seems at the mo to be growing...so maybe someone N-N-E of Southend may see something...took some pics

but can't see how to put them in my post...?

EDIT now has full 'flat' top anvil all over.... 8)

cheers,

Steve

Posted

Very early convection. see the radar this morning around 10:30 by Midday we had the start of the storms here in the South Norfolk area lasted a good 3 hours in all then I shot off to a Birthday party where I promised it was all over and gone off into the North Sea DOH! around 19:00 another pulse storm formed and went right through us!!! I was the only one happy :D everyone else looked pretty wet and Nitrogen plant fooded off------I left early 8)

Posted

Just to add. Yesterday at 12.40 I was in Maldon and experienced the best TS for about 16years! Absolutely torrential rain lasting for 30-40 mins with frequent c-g lightning - one hit a tree at the eastern end of Promenade Park. Roads flooded. Angry looking cells followed heading N-NE. Only shame was I'd gone out for a pleasant afternoon's walk. Ho hum!