Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2015 - Few Spaces Remaining

Paul

Posted

The 2015 storm chase dates have now been confirmed, and the tours are open for bookings. We have an early-bird booking discount in place for bookings made between now and the end of June which offer a saving of up to £250 (£300 for returning guests) on the usual tour price. 

Please move quickly though as places are strictly limited and there is high demand. 

The tour dates are as follows:

Tour 1
Arr: 8th May
Dep: 19th May

Tour 2
Arr: 19th May
Dep: 30th May

Tour 3
Arr: 30th May
Dep: 10th June

Tour 4
Arr: 12th June
Dep: 23rd June

To book, or for more info please head over to our WeatherHolidays website:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Is the £1600 quoted on the website including the early bird discount?

Edit: Just read on the website that it does, ignore me :D

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Forgot to add to the post above, we have early-bird payment plans available which allow a low (£50) deposit and then payments spread over 10 months. On top of this, we're offering an additional £50 discount to those taking the payment plan option. 

http://www.weatherholidays.com/tornado/book.php

• Like 1

Posted

Quick update - most popular tours so far are 3 and 4. Still plenty of spaces on them currently but they will soon be limited if the current theme continues. 

Posted

Great news Gail, it'll come round quickly :D

Thanks Paul, it's just the 16 hr flight from Sydney that's the killer, will definitely be arriving a few days early.

• 3 months later...
Posted

Very interested in doing this! 

If anyone is in the know, can you either let me know what the £1600 covers and/or point me in the right direction of where I can find the information?  I tried the link provide further up on this thread but that directed me to the 'sign me up' page and I couldn't find any further information. 

Thanks all

Ben

Posted

Hi Ben, there is an faq page on our weatherholidays site which will hopefully cover a lot of your questions:

http://www.weatherholidays.com/faq.html

In short, the £1600 covers all your accommodation and the chasing in the USA, so your additional costs are the flight to Dallas or Denver (tour 4), travel insurance and food/incidentals while out in the USA. 

If you need any further info please let me know. 

Paul

Posted

Hi Ben, there is an faq page on our weatherholidays site which will hopefully cover a lot of your questions:

http://www.weatherholidays.com/faq.html

In short, the £1600 covers all your accommodation and the chasing in the USA, so your additional costs are the flight to Dallas or Denver (tour 4), travel insurance and food/incidentals while out in the USA. 

If you need any further info please let me know. 

Paul

Thanks for your feedback Paul.  Does it matter what time I fly into Dallas on the arrival day?  I assume there are a number of chasers flying in to the airport at various times throughout the day unless some prior arranging took place.  I notice that current flight prices (for Tour 2) are hovering around £600pp (LON - Dallas).  Is this price likely to come down nearer xmas or best to book now?

Thanks

Ben

Posted

Ideally it's best to arrive into DFW in the afternoon on arrivals day as that's when the majority will arrive + some people fly in the day before and meet us there, so arriving later in the day can delay the tour from getting away to perhaps chase or position for upcoming chases. 

Pricing of the flights is a tricky one, usually we tend to book ours around xmas and find that more often than not that's when the best prices are with BA and the like having sales on. But with them around that level right now I'd say it's a decent enough price and may be worth going for.

Posted

Ideally it's best to arrive into DFW in the afternoon on arrivals day as that's when the majority will arrive + some people fly in the day before and meet us there, so arriving later in the day can delay the tour from getting away to perhaps chase or position for upcoming chases. 

Pricing of the flights is a tricky one, usually we tend to book ours around xmas and find that more often than not that's when the best prices are with BA and the like having sales on. But with them around that level right now I'd say it's a decent enough price and may be worth going for.

Excellent, thanks for your help Paul. 

Posted

All booked for Tour 2. Very excited.  I'm not going to sleep tonight!

If anyone is going on Tour 2 feel free PM me (or anyone else for that matter)!.  I'll be flying from LHR so if anyone wants to meet at the airport (assuming we're on the same flight) that would be great.

Ben

• Like 1

Posted

Yes £600 is a decent price would you believe. Some people this year waited until April to book and did get something for about £475 but that was a 1 stopper via Amsterdam with KLM Which has its problems if there is a delay with connections etc.

Years ago around the 2005 timeframe I bulked at £395 before the aviation theives and the government put the taxes up.

See you out there next year Ben!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

:( <----that is all that is needed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Quick update, we're now down to limited availability across all tours. 

Tour 1 - 3 spaces (special discounted price available currently on these)

Tour 2 - Sold out

Tour 3 - 2 spaces

Tour 4 - 1 space (may be able to add a vehicle if demand requires it)

http://www.weatherholidays.com/book.html

Posted

Hi Stevie, yes you'll need to arrange your own hotel that night - we often recommend this one, and can pick you up from there on the day (and will have at least a couple of team members there that night too)

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/TX/Irving-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-Irving-Inn---Suites-at-DFW-Airport/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=44524