Convective / storm Discussion - 22nd May 2014 onwards

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the video     (sorry for the language was a bit shocked LOL)

Storm in York now, photo from twitter

thanks! despite no direct hits today, i was able to get my eyes on that supercell over Heidelberg in 30 kilometer distance...so it was quite enjoyable today!   EDIT: Nice webcam right now: http://ww

Posted Images

Just had a super heavy shower! Huge rains drops, pea size hail, squally directionless gusts and the temperature went from 15.9C down to a miserable 11.3C that's a drop of 4.6C (shower duration 8/9 mins, all gone still now, just a drip here and there.... No T/L yet.... And so may it stay that way!!

Another Cell formed to the SE and is now being directed down the Valley to the east this should swing back west a bit and then build over the city centre joining it's friends as it moves north.

Just had a super heavy shower! Huge rains drops, pea size hail, squally directionless gusts and the temperature went from 15.9C down to a miserable 11.3C that's a drop of 4.6C (shower duration 8/9 mins, all gone still now, just a drip here and there.... No T/L yet.... And so may it stay that way!!

Temp still dropping, now down to 11.1C!!!!

That's the problem, BBC Kiss of Death. As soon as they mention widespread thunderstorms, your lucky to see any at all. Same thing happens in winter when they forecast widespread snow events. I'd say they are right about three out of ten times these days.

Exactly, if what happened today was forecast, it would have been amazing!

Leicester cell just produced sferic

Edited by TonyH

Meanwhile torrential rain here within the rain zone, 36mm/ hour, 12mm so far today.

Edited by TonyH

Another developing thunderstorm is moving towards the Leeds and Bradford area. It seems like that area has had more than their fair share of storms recently...

You really think so.... 3 rumbles of thunder for the whole of the year....

Temp bottomed out a 11C distant thunder heard, from Markfield or M69 areas I think, see attached lightning plot..

If you really zoom in, you notice how far from the City area of Leicester these sferics are, I'd say around 5/6 miles away minimum from my location, I'm one mile from Leicester City Centre...

The West Midlands storms/ showers forming a line now through E Brum

Edited by TonyH