Sign in to follow this  
DisruptiveGust

Convective / storm Discussion - 22nd May 2014 onwards

What has just killed off the storms over kent?

There's some new cells moving N out of France. Will be curious to see how they play out in the coming hours.

Lincolnshire is about to get a pasting

Shock. 

Absolutely shat all here, been cloudy all day and we've had bouts of drizzle. 

Dreadful, dreadful week as per weatherwise.

More storms developing over northern France and pushing north over the Channel as we speak, maybe round 2 later for central S and SE England?

sth lincs here and not looking like there is a storm for my part, Boston looks like something is heading there way

I been saying for the last few hours Lincolnshire (East) should be a prime spot today. :) The weather seemed to have Lincolnshire's name on it.

Edited by Grazy2266

More storms developing over northern France and pushing north over the Channel as we speak, maybe round 2 later for central S and SE England?

It would seem that way! Channel has killed the first one but the one behind it is much stronger 

Peterborough direct hit recently...big time. Watch for the odd rope Lincs Notts later too. Midlands next, not looking quite as bad here currently as further east.

wife has just driven through the storm the hit peterbrough, she said golf ball sized raindrops, terrible lightening

If I would have set out earlier i would have headed for Sleaford,  by the looks of things it would have been a good move...

Instead i stayed put hoping for things to develop here, fingers crossed 

Edited by ChezWeather

Gone quiet here in MK now, just left with some moderate rain which now appears to be clearing, the last storm that moved through had a dramatic shift in wind pattern with a lot of rising scud in the lower levels, one minute it was blowing from the NE, then round to the SW and after about a minute the winds have moved back to the NE after it passed. Worth keeping an eye on as it pushes NNE as it definitely had vorticity within the back end.

Edited by SnowJoke

Do we have enough energy over land to beef those cells moving out from france up? 

Shock. 

Absolutely shat all here, been cloudy all day and we've had bouts of drizzle. 

Dreadful, dreadful week as per weatherwise.

Sferic near Tamworth recently

showers in the channel ganging up and joining forces :p 

talking to my sister down in chichester, she has said a row of 5 houses hit by lightening caused 2 gas fires to explode, caused 2 bedrooms to catch light,  was a nasty storm

The speed of the developing clouds I saw on my walk took my breathe away. I'm not scared of storms as a rule, but I didn't feel like I wanted to be outside for long and I had a bit of a headache, strange to say the least. Never seen such a sky for a very very long time. My phone is so awful at pics, Hopefully will try to post one or two.

Lightning just hit the power line outside my house! Knocked the power off for about 15 mins but its just came back on... nearly died! 

Gosh it's much cooler here since the storms have moved through I had to shut the window the wind felt cold lol

Any chances of Yeovil, South Somerset seeing any storms later?