Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 22nd May 2014 onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just watched Peter Gibb's forecast and it is looking good for thunderstorms in the south tomorrow. :)

Edited by pip22

Posted

It's looking stormy up north, nothing for London today, except for boring old cloud and light rain, enjoy the storms !

not here its not, cold, overcast, moderate shower just gone through, sod it, I am off to the gym

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Bit of a boring day here with mainly overcast skies and the odd bit of drizzle, stayed in single figures in the cold NE'ly..... Feeling storm starved again need another fix! Looking at the charts not much to get excited about either this far north.....  :bomb:  :whistling:

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

It's looking stormy up north, nothing for London today, except for boring old cloud and light rain, enjoy the storms !

NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY IT BUT I HEAR THUNDER.....
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Tomorrow looks very interesting for me. Widespread torrential downpours and thunder and lightning. Lets hope that all of us see something. Well, the Met Office have issued a warning so hopefully not this time will the activity go the opposite direction! LOL :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Oh my, what a torrential downpour. Shocking there was no thunder.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Just one rumble but the rain was impressive.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just the one! :( Any chance of more showers before the day is out?

Posted

Currently being hit by the south yorks precip ableit no light/thun here in west yorks.At least it brightened for an hour and felt pleasent.Yorkshire looking good for tom aft/eve imo :rofl: 

Torrential burst now :yahoo: still no action,booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Just going through that Paul but rumbleless :fool:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Just had a flash and a rumble here. Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me as I was facing away from the window.

Oh, another rumble. Seems that heavy downpour has become a thunderstorm once it left here.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Glad that places such as Manchester, Leeds and Barnsley are still capable of thunder :)

• Like 3

Posted

monster just turned up here big base, with huge plume going miles up.  Multiple vortex at the base.and 3 funnel clouds on then appears on joining still growing this may touchdown

this made three cones near they join could make big funnel cloud

Edited by vladthemert
  • Like 4

Posted

Seems to have popped up north of Leeds a lot. Another ominous cloud to my south, but looks like moderate rain on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Anyone see those storms over SW France and Eastern Switzerland? Those look impressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

monster just turned up here big base, with huge plume going miles up.  Multiple vortex at the base.and 3 funnel clouds on then appears on joining still growing this may touchdown

this made three cones near they join could make big funnel cloud

Ok, would you like to video that :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Anyone see those storms over SW France and Eastern Switzerland? Those look impressive.

Forecasts saying a disturbance from that origin will hit us later tonight and early tomorrow ?

Posted

only one rumble paul , on monday I stopped counting after 50 :)!!...........

Rub it in why don't you lol. Still plenty of time for more Here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Just had a very impressive downpour ,absolutely torrential rain but only lasted 3 minutes ,no thunder but gusty wind ,tomorrow looking good for some ,some angry looking clouds currently to my north over bristol and south wales but the sun is on its  way down so i dont expect much untill tomorrow ,a very interesting week i.v seen several forked lightning displays and some good intense downpours so a good start  to the storm season .regards meteor showers ,if its clear in you kneck of the woods keep an eye out ,although north america is favoured for any good show its not an exact science so we could easily get a good view especially towards dawn ,look towards the north but let your eyes wander around ,also last night some fairly good meteors towards east just after midnight one lasting a good 2/3 seconds like an oily rag on fire fairly high in the east moving south south west ,cheers gang .

• Like 2

Posted

Ok, would you like to video that :rofl:

it was three small vortex that converged then made good sized funnel cloud near looking over humberston way hope others saw it.  Got pick the funnel no vids.   not good at explaining due to health just trying to give comentary how it developed maybe how all funnel clouds start.   The storm was big heading to possibly hull.

edit now storm given us downpour 5.2mm.

check my gallery just posted sorry not good pic but all could do.  There is two funnels small ropey one to the left, dome type in the middle, what not sure is flat based one next to it did develop from three vortex.  There was alot activity I wondered if at one point there might of beeN a touchdown.

http://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/19869-image054/

Edited by vladthemert
  • Like 3