Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 21st May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Yeah, some good setup today, what was your location here last week? There were alot of smaller storms all across germany, so hard to tell where it could be! :D

I was in Nuremberg from last Tuesday until Sunday. There were handsome chains of CuNbs all the way from AMS and some great hail curtains and lightning coming into NUE. We had a couple on the Wed. as well, but nothing as intense as the heating your are having might give. I spend quite a lot of time in France, so I'm besotted with continental storms and never get tired of them...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

here we go again :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A gap is opening up in in the precip to the south of me, heavy to the left and right. :laugh:

Posted

I was in Nuremberg from last Tuesday until Sunday. There were handsome chains of CuNbs all the way from AMS and some great hail curtains and lightning coming into NUE. We had a couple on the Wed. as well, but nothing as intense as the heating your are having might give. I spend quite a lot of time in France, so I'm besotted with continental storms and never get tired of them...

hehe, glad u were able to get some storms last week! France is acutally one of the "breeding grounds" for our storms here in the Mannheim area, especially the vosges mountains...they build there due orographic lifting and making their way up north and colliding with the hot and humid airmasses in the upper rhine plain!

Edited by Knoxgar
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Thunder still booming to the north the east and the south. I'm a little worried looking at the sky to the south of MK, not sure if it is a shelf cloud approaching but it has the appearance of a linear stacked super cell with bands of distinct cumulus all sitting on top of each other  :cc_confused:

Posted

hehe, glad u were able to get some storms last week! France is acutally one of the "breeding grounds" for our storms here in the Mannheim area, especially the vosges mountains...they build there due orographic lifting and making their way of north and colliding with the hot and humid airmasses in the upper rhine plain!

It's all in the landmass, eh? Enjoy what you get later today...

• Like 1

Posted

wow wow and wow again, the best sound from a flash of lightening ever, think we have missed the main storm the the thunder and lightening that we have had has been good, sun comming out again now

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Thunder still booming to the north the east and the south. I'm a little worried looking at the sky to the south of MK, not sure if it is a shelf cloud approaching but it has the appearance of a linear stacked super cell with bands of distinct cumulus all sitting on top of each other  :cc_confused:

The sky looks GREEN. I'm think this is a monsta.

Posted

It's all in the landmass, eh? Enjoy what you get later today...

thanks, i will! :)

Hope u are also able to enjoy your storms, as far as i can see there is also some action in the UK!

Posted

thanks, i will! :)

Hope u are also able to enjoy your storms, as far as i can see there is also some action in the UK!

Not right here now in the north - I'm in Yorkshire and it's just grey and drizzly, but the Pennines are great for the right sort of storm setup. At the moment it's our southern friends who are getting the action from cells strong enough to have made it across the channel...

Posted

Well, a couple of distant thunder rumbles and a 1 minute downpour and it's over. Looking south over the channel hoping I get hit with a proper storm!

Posted

Only seen a green sky once. Hope you guys manage to get some pics and stay safe:)

I guess there's all sorts of refraction going on at different altitudes. I've seen lightning that appeared to be pink inside clouds, and lightning can be very blue over mountains, but never a green sky...yet! Maybe this is the year...

Posted

Not right here now in the north - I'm in Yorkshire and it's just grey and drizzly, but the Pennines are great for the right sort of storm setup. At the moment it's our southern friends who are getting the action from cells strong enough to have made it across the channel...

just like here, exept for nationwide squalls not everyone can have their share of storms...but season just started, so there is still enough time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I bet of the Met Office wished they kept the warning for London and the Southeast now lol

Posted Image

They didn't learn the lesson from Monday when North Wales took a pasting! Warnings that day? No siree bob!
  • Like 2

Posted

Amazing rain for a bit, downburst  maybe? 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Oh wow, I'm on the outskirts of this storm and towers are trying to go up from the outflow! Impressive :D

Posted

I guess there's all sorts of refraction going on at different altitudes. I've seen lightning that appeared to be pink inside clouds, and lightning can be very blue over mountains, but never a green sky...yet! Maybe this is the year...

yes me too! I've read somewhere it could be to do with large volumes of hail aloft, although i don't believe there is an official explanation. Usually means something pretty special is on the way though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

An active thunderstorm passing through Basildon tracking North, good luck to those in its path!

Edit to add: another coming behind it!!!

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Get ready for a new thread peeps.... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

We have a cracking sweep of anvils N and E of London at the moment!!