• Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Thunder heard :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looking at the radar unless the direction changes this will be a South East far east coast event only. Elsewhere just looks damp however plenty of time for things to change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

there is a less intense rain stretchng west which is also moving north and it's this band which i think is expected to move across most of england and wales overnight but at the moment that is nowehre near as heavy as that stuff further east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This is the very definition of a Kent clipper!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Seriously?

Well, in terms of forecasting storms it is a long way off but there seems to be indications of it. Precipitation chart below, contours are precipitation where shaded is convective precipitation:

post-2719-0-03103600-1400697517_thumb.pn

Usual pushes east though would take this into Benelux so probably not worth thinking about yet (smacks own wrist). On tonight's note - what effect would increasing vertical vorticity have on this area of rain as it looks to increase dramatically overnight - first chart 3am, second chart 6pm.

post-2719-0-79794700-1400697733_thumb.gi  post-2719-0-57084400-1400697720_thumb.gi

Edited by Supacell

Posted

personally speaking I think theres more chance tomorrow when the actual front has gone through rather than tonight which seems to taking the immigrant path from france into the se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Can I just enquire as to where tomorrows rain is going to come from? the beeb the other day said it would be moving up from France but that band is currently moving NE just clipping the SE, are we going to have another band of rain later on which will cross the UK?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

The stuff in the channel seem to be a little less electrified than earlier but (I need to pinch myself) it does seem to be moving due North now with some of the convection further South around Le Havre looking to have a very slight West of North component to it. If you run the NW animation and watch closely, i.e. if you are REALLY, REALLY sad like me, you can just about make this out - or is it wishful thinking? You decide........

I was watching this band an hour or so ago and was convinced it was going NE over Belgium but there has deffo been some movement left and it is certainly going North now, if not West of North.

Is this game on then?

Tries to remain calm....deep breaths......

Edited by Muffelchen
  • Like 1

Posted

something is trying to develop to my south-west http://www.niederschlagsradar.de/h3.aspx?j=-3&type=loop1stunde&regio=sbr&c=1 (my location is on the center right edge a lil bit west of that letter "M")

Temperature is 27°C, dew point 14°C

Edited by Knoxgar

Posted

even the met office rain forecast for 22:00 only shows rain the se and at current rate i would have thought that heavy rain would be in north sea by then

I will point out again the weather warnings for the e/se is a different warning with is due to expire at 23.55

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Blitzortung shows the sferics nicely curving round the Kent coastline. LOL.

Posted

looks like nothing for S-East tonight

why the weather warnings ? or are they really just for the very coast ?

Posted

here is the detail

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ee&fcTime=1400626800

read todays and tomorrows and you'll the details which might explain current

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Looks to be going by the book - good call from Captain Shortwave a day or so ago, who highlighted the daily eastwards drift in the models.

NMM showed the majority of the theta-e going up the North sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Can I just enquire as to where tomorrows rain is going to come from? the beeb the other day said it would be moving up from France but that band is currently moving NE just clipping the SE, are we going to have another band of rain later on which will cross the UK?

The low to the West of France atm will start to kick northwards, in so will pull up and westwards what's in France and the low in itself will intensify.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

looks like nothing for S-East tonight

why the weather warnings ? or are they really just for the very coast ?

Thunder and rain here :)

Posted

even the met office rain forecast for 22:00 only shows rain the se and at current rate i would have thought that heavy rain would be in north sea by then

I will point out again the weather warnings for the e/se is a different warning with is due to expire at 23.55

I should think the SE warning expires at 23:55 because the Met Office expect the heaviest rain and storms will be moving off from this region by this time. After this there is no separate warning out for the rest of us as you say, although the warning for tomorrow covers it. They may issue further warnings this evening for other areas overnight if deemed necessary.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's an occluded front in association with a small area of low pressure, the precipitation in the south east and south west of the front will be the heaviest, In the middle (likely to be Hampshire and Dorset) the rain shouldn't be as bad.It moves north tomorrow, leaving behind heavy showers. Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

bust for tonight

lets hope for something tomorrow

Come on its only 7.55 in the evening :) You are quite close now it would not take much to reach you this evening.

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder and rain here :)

Not a drop here rather unsurprisingly - going to take something special with this low to get some of that instability this way

Posted

It's an concluded front in association with a small area of low pressure, the precipitation in the south east and south west of the front will be the heaviest, In the middle (likely to be Hampshire and Dorset) the rain shouldn't be as bad.It moves north tomorrow, leaving behind heavy showers.

and thats where i think the better chance for those that want storms may get them

and of course the sun is also setting but I'm not sure how much impact that will have

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted

It's an concluded front in association with a small area of low pressure, the precipitation in the south east and south west of the front will be the heaviest, In the middle (likely to be Hampshire and Dorset) the rain shouldn't be as bad.It moves north tomorrow, leaving behind heavy showers.

Concluded front, well that's the end of that then.. :sorry: Just kidding :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The low to the West of France atm will start to kick northwards, in so will pull up and westwards what's in France and the low in itself will intensify.

Thanks guy's

• Like 1