Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 21st May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

This is what I'm keeping an eye on, it's probably my best chance, plenty of sferics around that area too.

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifviewimage.png

agreed....I'm willing this left over multicell crud to disappear norhwards so I can get back into clearer air and see what develops further south  :good:

• Like 2

Posted

I'm surprised at the lack of shower development over this area......

Posted Image

I would have thought we would have seen something sparking off. However if all this activity in the south moves up to this region later this afternoon it could end up very good. Normally Lincolnshire does very well in these type of situations. I was just surprised that nothing has developed on it's own in the highlighted area, I've been watching it for a good few hours now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very dark over Mk way, where i am there's a hole in the cloud but cloud all around me. Excited doesn't cover it. Hope LO wasn't too scared. I am greedy. I want more!

Posted

Excellent! first flash of summer lightning and deep rumbles of thunder in Eastbourne - I could smell the storm in the air before it started! Short lived but welcome....ohhhh!

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

I would have thought we would have seen something sparking off. However if all this activity in the south moves up to this region later this afternoon it could end up very good. Normally Lincolnshire does very well in these type of situations. I was just surprised that nothing has developed on it's own in the highlighted area, I've been watching it for a good few hours now.

its waiting until I'm in from the school run :-)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just to add, housebound today due to family circumstances so I'm not chasing, hence the frustration

Posted

Storms veering East....classic tornado opportunities that screams to me. This tying in with claims of rotating cloud bases...sounds like there's certainly scope for funnels today, keep an eye out chaps!

Well we just had some really nice close strikes in Marlow, Bucks, the closest I have witnessed in a very long time. Once hail and rain finished ( again not seen hail like this in years) I went outside with a camera and what did I spot...

Yep a nice long funnel looking north from Marlow.

Posted Image

Also got a nice recording of part of the cell as I had rigged the shed with microphones and a recorder!

• Like 2

Posted

Sorry, C London (Cannon Street) - some of the activity to south of London on radar at least is going crazy!!!

Cheers Harry.  I'm currently at London Bridge, working in an office without windows, so am relying on yours and others living/working near by reports.

Fingers crossed :D

• Like 1

Posted

Looks more favourable here tomorrow, shower wise but you can bet there will be little thunder with them.

Metoffice pptn charts want to bring this bad boy dangerously close to us, but just south before fizzling out around 10pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Put five line sports extra on if you can, England vs SL at the Oval, which looks under the gun for a storm at some point looking at the radar. Commentators already talking about seeing lightening. 

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

If you look at vis satellite this is the area where the cloud is at it's thinnest, a area of more humid air wedged over the N.Midlands, and fuel for the storms as they move further north.

Posted

Cheers Harry.  I'm currently at London Bridge, working in an office without windows, so am relying on yours and others living/working near by reports. Fingers crossed :D

the storm is actually over west London at present:-)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just heard some thunder from that cell you lucky people!

And yay for My home town Eastbourne getting in on it. Last storm I had there was so bad the sewers couldn't cope for a bit and my toilet backed up. My late dad lived on the sea front then and oh the view. cracking.

Edited by Dami

Posted

Well this is gonna be nasty when it hits.. just constant booms now south of me all heading towards me/london central.. infact its still growing so prob take most of london now!!

Edited by nanu

Posted

Couldnt get the rotation on camera but got this instead..

Why do we want to look at a man in the boot of his car ;-)

Sun out here. First time i've seen it today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

you should check out my pain Paul........diddly squat all week so far, not even the hint of a flash or rumble.....I'm taking myself over the No Storms Club so I can drown in my own tears  :80:

See you in there lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sun is out here now but just looks like a fine afternoon here now. Enjoy all. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Posted Image

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZIP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sorry: LOL

• Like 1

Posted

If you look at vis satellite this is the area where the cloud is at it's thinnest, a area of more humid air wedged over the N.Midlands, and fuel for the storms as they move further north.

Yes,we've actually had the sun break through for the past 45mins or so, hoping that will help to encourage things later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Awesome - just been watching a load of CGs over S London moving in - sky looks awesome!!! :D:yahoo: