Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 21st May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

You can see that thunderstorm cloud turning NW on the N flank of it. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still positive from them then :)

Well, I think it goes further than that, talking about "frequent lightning"...!!!!

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

Well, I think it goes further than that, talking about "frequent lightning"...!!!!

I know! It was an unexpected surprise :) 

Posted

Low level cloud here heading due West, very dark looking with the odd cumulous in view above it heading North  :cc_confused:  Looks like a possible shear set-up, maybe even going to pull the Frenchie further inland over the southern UK!

Posted

Ii is the same every year... Huge afternoon evening storms over Northern France, edging North.  They will fizzle out over the channel and we will get boring old rain. I cant remeber the last time (after spending hours tracking them) that any decent stroms tracked over the channel into Central England.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Latest French rainfall seems to show a NEly path of echoes heading just to the east of Beachy Head. So Kent may get most of the heavier down pours. However, possible time for an expansion of activity as some warm air is now being advected into the system from Germany, but always a good chance of going wrong in this type of set up.

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Can someone fill me in please. Am I missing something hugely obvious? How will those storms affect the UK  :unknw:

There's absolutely nil energy for these storms to remotely survive on, across the Channel on British soil... someone tell me what I am missing :/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Meanwhile, this looks fun :) http://www.earthcam.com/france/paris/?cam=eiffeltower

• Like 1

Posted

Latest French rainfall seems to show a NEly path of echoes heading just to the east of Beachy Head. So Kent may get most of the heavier down pours. However, possible time for an expansion of activity as some warm air is now being advected into the system from Germany, but always a good chance of going wrong in this type of set up.

C

If you follow the track of the electrical stuff though, it gives a better indication of where the main thrust of the energy is heading

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Now really confused. Tweet from Paul Hudson mentions heavy thundery showers for up here tonight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Can someone fill me in please. Am I missing something hugely obvious? How will those storms affect the UK  :unknw:

There's absolutely nil energy for these storms to remotely survive on, across the Channel on British soil... someone tell me what I am missing :/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Meanwhile, this looks fun :) http://www.earthcam.com/france/paris/?cam=eiffeltower

I don't think you're missing anything, nothing more than thundery rain expected in our part of the world, possibly something a bit better tomorrow pm. :)

Posted

I swear that wall of cumulonimbus clouds over france now looks like its heading north westwards!!press play on sat24 and you will see!!

Posted

I swear that wall of cumulonimbus clouds over france now looks like its heading north westwards!!press play on sat24 and you will see!!

It is, its rotating towards the Low over Northern Spain, but later, a new Low develops towards our SW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Posted

Do you lot even go work/school or even sleep :crazy:

Today is looking more promising then yesterday, longer spells of rain drifting across the Channel and surviving. Far more optimism then yesterday, surely? Imports are the order of the day, nothing homegrown.

• Like 1

Posted

I see that too, I think it's the rotation from the low pressure system catching the northernmost part

Posted

I see that too, I think it's the rotation from the low pressure system catching the northernmost part

its surely a good thing then isnt it?

Posted

That cell west of Paris is definitely moving NW now...

its surely a good thing then isnt it?

It must be, but I'm no expert...

Posted

Looks like this Belt of thick cloud over France is heading straight for Central UK. ~ Despite that fact.. that there are/was a torrential shower moving westwards over Southampton moving WNW. Are more shower likely to develop like this as the evening settles in?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Ii is the same every year... Huge afternoon evening storms over Northern France, edging North.  They will fizzle out over the channel and we will get boring old rain. I cant remeber the last time (after spending hours tracking them) that any decent stroms tracked over the channel into Central England.

But Tim, it may be different this time. Let's just wait and see. If it dosen't happen then it dosen't happen it's just good to know that there will be many more opportunities this year :) We may all be surprised :laugh:  yet it's the anticipation I know, but eventually if it dosen't happen we do get used to it after a while Lol I speak for myself mind. :p  :cray:  :D