Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 20th May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm just praying for one damn thunderstorm! It's so not fair, some places have already had like ten so far this year! The closest I got to one was on March 27, but there was only very distant thunder, which doesn't really count for one...

The places with the most storms are the places that have been cool and cloudy for the past few days. Even Ireland, which hasn't been warm at all, has seen explosive storms today. I realise they're not all surfaced-based, but it still stinks. Since when is the Isle of Man a hotbed for convection?!

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Explosive!! Torrential rain, CG lightening!  :yahoo:

Its moving in the right direction too!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I'm just praying for one damn thunderstorm! It's so not fair, some places have already had like ten so far this year! The closest I got to one was on March 27, but there was only very distant thunder, which doesn't really count for one...

Your time will come patience Grasshopper..

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

I'm confident to say anywhere in Northwest England and Southern Scotland could see something go bang tonight. Anywhere along this area of precipitation could detonate, its just a case of when :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's very rare for me to get to 20th May and not heard a single rumble (or even distant flash of lightning)I have a sneaky suspicion this is going to a good year all in all...like the 90s and early 00s, mild winters and variable summers with relatively short heatwaves and thundery breakdowns...fingers crossed anyway :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

For like the 5th time in 123 years I've actually been in a decent location for thunder storms, im shocked tbh.

• Like 3

Posted

I haven't heard any thunder this year so far and by the looks of it nothing before the end of May at least.
  • Like 2

Posted

Yeah my first thunderstorm often hits in late April or early May, but technically nothing so far this year...

I'm in the same boat, not a thunderstorm in over 3 years, last decent one was probably double that ....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Can hear distant rumbles must be the lakes storm !!....

Seriously going to drown my sorrows now..How was the last storm.

Posted

I'd hate that. This winter already deprived me of snow and now I am completely deprived of lightning. Only this weekend rejuvinated my heat levels but it is stil agonising to know that there are thunderstorms that are passing literally 20 miles away.

Yes really is quite frustrating but I've know learnt not to get my hopes up, even If I did expect that drought to come to an end today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just plain old Adam's cider here. (Rain)

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

can still here thunder from that cell, looks like its strengthened more aswell.

Posted

I'm confident to say anywhere in Northwest England and Southern Scotland could see something go bang tonight. Anywhere along this area of precipitation could detonate, its just a case of when :)

Those north of the rash of showering in Cumbria have the best chance - if this mess over me now gets there, it's game over, it's damp, drizzly stuff  now.

Posted

I'd hate that. This winter already deprived me of snow and now I am completely deprived of lightning. Only this weekend rejuvinated my heat levels but it is stil agonising to know that there are thunderstorms that are passing literally 20 miles away.

The best thunderstorms around here tend to be the ones that you don't expect or not predicted. Remember that one at the end of August 2012? That was a beauty and unexpected.

Posted

That little band in the extreme north of england looks isolated but perhaps our best chance (could be a rare night show if it keeps it's oomph)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Cell moving away to the north now, still flashing and banging away.... Now, can we get anymore tonight?! :)