Convective / Storm Discussion - 20th May 2014 onwards

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shelf cloud passed through about 20 minutes ago      

THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS FORECAST  Synopsis Upper low and collocated surface low will be anchored to the SW of the UK, with warm moist but unstable southerly flow across the

That one is getting it's act together on radar, not sure if it will survive the travel further North.   Spotted these epic pics on fb earlier - thought they would be a fine sight for some storm st

Posted Images

Can hear another cell now to the south, sounds to be over Liverpool way. 

I can hear that too.

I can hear that too.

And clearly don't know how to use quotes!

Edited by alijoy60
  • Like 2

Well despite forecasts for heavy rain and a hail storm along with good CAPE and LI, we have not even had a drop of rain. It says it should be raining right now!

• Like 2

Wow, stuff has just kicked off.thunder here quite frequent from a cell a mile or so to the west just off the coast.

Yes, more lightning wasted over the Irish Sea. What a waste all that lightning over the Irish Sea yesterday was. Can't understand how a cell can become electrical active once it moves off the coast and yet the cells inland are largely devoid of sferics.
  • Like 2

Yes, more lightning wasted over the Irish Sea. What a waste all that lightning over the Irish Sea yesterday was.Can't understand how a cell can become electrical active once it moves off the coast and yet the cells inland are largely devoid of sferics.

Ahem.. certainly not a waste in my opinion.. hehehe  :D

• Like 3

My last hope is that the cell near Leicester explodes and heads this way!

Clutching at straws now  

Yep, it's quite eerie here now actually. Very dark but no precipitation falling. It's crying out for a bit of thunder and lightning. Cmonnn!!!!  :nonono:

• Like 1

Yep, it's quite eerie here now actually. Very dark but no precipitation falling. It's crying out for a bit of thunder and lightning. Cmonnn!!!!  :nonono:

Yep very dark here also, just had a random 10 or 20 second burst of convective rain.

Like you said, thunder seems imminent! 

• Like 1

CF passing over, and diddums here with not even a drop of rain. Still it's early summer and the better homegrown stuff usually creep-up mid-June when the sun is at it's highest.

The Baltic States are getting round 2 this evening after a good day yesterday! 

post-9530-0-30129400-1400610831_thumb.jp

Been quiet day here with nothing more than cloud and the odd shower. Rather warm and humid still though