Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 20th May 2014 onwards

Posted

TCu building to the NE from Buxton, looks to be heading towards Glossop/Tintwistle way.

Darker skies to the south.... Not watered garden yet from rainbutt maybe should just incase...Ps just looked at radar....can see it moving this way...just suddenly developedMight not survive kinder though http://www.kinderweather.co.uk Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well despite looking like it would chuck it down, we've not had a drop.

I'm not too optimistic about later as it has been relatively cloudy all afternoon. I think my chances may lie later in the week.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Dead duck again today despite looking good on the GFS clearly I'm not seeing all the signals and need to brush up once more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Well lashed it down here. The line from wales to the West Midlands might spark up again and places north could get lucky. Was heavy rain and the clouds looked angry. Good luck up north if it develops. I seen it lots of times where squall lines intensify going north of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Looks like things are going to kick off a bit later than many had hoped, I think over the next few hours we'll see some storms breaking out as the cold front moves NE possibly some intense storms just ahead & embedded into the frontal boundary (heres hoping)....... Sunny evening here, 21c atm. 

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted

The eastern part of the line is intensifying, hopefully will become electrified soon. That storm off the NE fizzled quickly, Ishame as there should be some lengthy showers today.

Fingers are still crossed!

Some biiiig towers way off to my SW.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I wish!Btw any advice on why that photo ended up upside down would be welcome.

If it was a landscape photo, rotate the ipad to the right otherwise rotating to the left will turn it upside down.

• Like 1

Posted

whats triggered the storms that look like they are about to leave the French coast heading towards the South / South-East ?

Posted

I think as a rule of thumb, once the front passes you ( you can see pretty much where it is from the radar) it's game over if you haven't seen anything.

I reckon the sferics have died down now because it's currently sitting over the area where cape has all but died down. For those of us in an area with still a lot of cape available (until about 9pm) all we need is a trigger. That approaching front is our trigger ; ) .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just noticed the fireworks in Ireland at the moment, nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

whats triggered the storms that look like they are about to leave the French coast heading towards the South / South-East ?

Ruddy Froggies playing games again.....

Posted

First distant rumble of thunder heard in Irvine, Ayrshire as I was coming in from work.  Clouds are very dark and threatening here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Showers just kicking off not far from derby now, things looking interesting now.

.Yeah very threatening skies here just north of Derby.I'm in the garden listening for thunder.but nothing as yet!!.Had to switch kitchen lights on as it's getting so dark.
  • Like 1

Posted

Yep deffo thunder - 3 rumbles now and getting louder, out to my West and heading North.  Two nights in a row after a 4 hours storm yesterday evening :)

Posted

Great news! Only 15 mins and things are firing up. Looks like that CAPE/LI is being utilised!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Those now forming over the North Midlands look the real deal, one sferic over Salop.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Promising cell just leaving Birmingham( without discharging.... will obviously, go on to bigger and better things :search: )

what do i have to do to get out of the NSSC,,,,,, thats the Non Streaming Storms Club

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 3

Yep here we go, developments to my South 

:) Not got much of a view here but I might get in the car and drive a mile or two into Holmesfield to get some good views if it is looking active :) Here's to a thundery evening!  :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nice cell overhead, but it'l only be a shower. 30-50 miles north of here is where things will go boom sadly. We just needed to be that bit further north.

Posted

Went to the east as a dark cloud sun out here

Think kinder killed it....

Down south in midlands looking juicy..... Still 23c....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

:) Not got much of a view here but I might get in the car and drive a mile or two into Holmesfield to get some good views if it is looking active :) Here's to a thundery evening!  :drinks:

Think il pop up the road, i have a great view to the S/SW from Hady so that should be a good vantage point if anything builds and heads this way! 

Fingers crossed!  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the Belgium cell has managed to push far enough west to hit the East coast of Suffolk/Norfolk with raintoday showing torrential rain in Great Yarmouth at the moment. 

Typical  :rofl: