Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 20th May 2014 onwards

Posted

This weather is being a terrible tease! Third day lucky here perhaps? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Tonight though it looks like I'll be listening to my rainstorm on my White Noise app!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

That big thundery area seems to have lost its lightning, unless its all cloud to cloud lightning. I'll still be looking out for it since its heading straight for me!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Not much rain at all here over the past couple of days, let alone a storm. On to the end of the week for potential now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

well today has been a total letdown warnings in place for my area 4pm - 11pm and we had a 2 min shower about 3pm, i dont understand why the warning was placed because the north east has had nothing today 

• Like 1

Posted

This is what's heading for me on thursday! Temperature before storms hit +30°C! Will make photos for you guys! :wink:

I marked my approx location with a violet square!

Posted Image

Edited by Knoxgar
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

To be honest, I can't remember when Estofex were right for the UK. They do brilliantly for the rest of Europe because it's a large landmass but they are predominantly wrong with us. 

Posted

This is what's heading for me on thursday! Temperature before storms hit +30°C! Will make photos for you guys! :wink:

Try not to make us too jealous!  :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Estofex had no warning today and rightly so too as today was poor.

I sincerely hope they have it wrong tomorrow!

Posted

Try not to make us too jealous!  :wink:

haha, was not my intention to do so! :D At the end this is only a model simulation and can change very fast

Edited by Knoxgar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Has anybody seen weather09? I have missed the input, it's always good and informative!

Posted

A very short and light shower in Durham at about 4pm. Then nothing. And I mean nothing. No rain, no wind, no lightning, no distant rumbles. IIRC The local BBC was showing yellow perils tumbling upon us from 7pm onwards.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All Weather

Well the BBC forecasts is sounding pretty positive this morning with multiple mentions of intense thunderstorms for tonight and into tomorrow.

Edited by Dorset Weather

Posted

All eyes towards late wed/early thurs for the heavy band then homegrown talent lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

TV forecasts all going for thunderstorms tonight and are actually using the word "thunderstorms" as opposed to "thundery rain" or "the odd rumble of thunder". Experience tells me that this won't happen and what we will get is an area of heavy rain which may have the odd sferic in it. I may be wrong, I hope I am, but I just can't see an area of thunderstorms as large as is being predicted sweeping across the entire UK from France. The fact Estofex has kept all the action over the other side of the Channel tells me they know this to be the case. However, on the flip side, the Met Office must be seeing something to be so bullish about thunderstorms.

Tomorrow has more interest IMO.

It may or may not be thundery but my god there could be a bit of flash flooding with this lot some seriously heavy rain!

00z run brings the threat more to the South east currently..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then the south west get it!

Posted Image

100mm p/h anyone?

Posted Image

PPN Totals by the end of play tomorrow red circles indicating the higher areas..

post-12648-0-35044500-1400652840_thumb.j

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

It may or may not be thundery but my god there could be a bit of flash flooding with this lot some seriously heavy rain!

00z run brings the threat more to the South east currently..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then the south west get it!

Posted Image

100mm p/h anyone?

Posted Image

PPN Totals by the end of play tomorrow red circles indicating the higher areas..

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.giftotal.jpg

Does look pretty serious for here. There could be a hell of a lot of rain, flash flooding and massive thunderstorms tonight. Who knows?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Supacell, on 21 May 2014 - 06:57, said:

TV forecasts all going for thunderstorms tonight and are actually using the word "thunderstorms" as opposed to "thundery rain" or "the odd rumble of thunder". Experience tells me that this won't happen and what we will get is an area of heavy rain which may have the odd sferic in it. I may be wrong, I hope I am, but I just can't see an area of thunderstorms as large as is being predicted sweeping across the entire UK from France. The fact Estofex has kept all the action over the other side of the Channel tells me they know this to be the case. However, on the flip side, the Met Office must be seeing something to be so bullish about thunderstorms.

Tomorrow has more interest IMO.

Totally agree with this, just can't see anything other than some heavy rain. Never known or seen before a rain event like this with embedded thunderstorms in it, experience tells me it will be just rain.

Certainly not staying awake tonight to find out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Totally agree with this, just can't see anything other than some heavy rain. Never known or seen before a rain event like this with embedded thunderstorms in it, experience tells me it will be just rain.

Certainly not staying awake tonight to find out.

I hope not. I would love to see more action. But, I have 2 GCSE exams tomorrow and don't want to be kept awake with thunder and lightning all night. Any other night this week and next week after tonight is fine. But, not tonight. Maybe later tomorrow will see some more action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I hope not. I would love to see more action. But, I have 2 GCSE exams tomorrow and don't want to be kept awake with thunder and lightning all night. Any other night this week and next week after tonight is fine. But, not tonight. Maybe later tomorrow will see some more action.

Yeah, not ideal preparation for an exam. As you say, looks like a better chance of thunderstorms in the form of showers tomorrow through the day.