Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 20th May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The hour of reckoning is upon us :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Not much happening, pleasant afternoon with light winds & hazy sunshine raising the temp up to 21c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Nothing on radar but large raindrops currently falling

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Yesterday was humid here, and sunny in the morning and then clouded over about lunchtime before a torrential shower at about 6pm that lasted about half an hour with a couple of lightning flashes.

Today it has been cloudy all day so far although it has been a little bit brighter in the last 2 hours. It's also not as humid as yesterday and actually feels quite cool in the breeze. The temperature is 13.23C according to my new 'thermometer' app on my phone. According to the BBC forecast there should be a band of thundery rain passing through central Scotland sometime between 8 and midnight tonight.

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Absolutely and the same goes for those getting hooked on Met Office symbols because they show a thunder shower at said location at 17:00 hrs. In these set ups everyone should know its pretty much just a guess!

Absolutely! This thread needs a health warning...

• Like 3

Posted

That shower must have signified the cold frontal passage as its dropped to 14c here in spite of bright intervals, that and the wind has veered SSW from the earlier SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Nothing on radar but large raindrops currently falling

Its on the radar now just started again

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Actually according to the BBC website, that rain now looks like being a bit later than between 2000 and 0000

Posted

Yep and from around 4pm into this evening im expecting the storms to break out more widely in the S and spread N into the Midlands/E Anglia.

It'll be interesting if it does, as GooFuS doesn't support that view,

post-5986-0-72682200-1400595562_thumb.gipost-5986-0-97410800-1400595568_thumb.gipost-5986-0-84916200-1400595575_thumb.gi

Pretty much all chances extinguished of developing home grown storms by 18z.

Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well, even the drizzly crap from France is missing us, LOL! :rofl:

Posted

Actually according to the BBC website, that rain now looks like being a bit later than between 2000 and 0000

Yep, that's the cold front crossing the UK,

post-5986-0-41415600-1400595690_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just left work and getting the metro to jarrow to collect my car then I think I'll be going down maybe to Sutton bank near Thirsk. The view from up there is amazing.

• Like 2

Posted

urgh.. Its being pushed too far east to hit the south east head on..

Never mind its only moderate rain!

Posted

Well even the euro4 model is well out on today's forecast!!a whole rash or showers/thunderstorms were meant to develop across the midlands right now and we have nothing whatsoever even developing at the moment!!epic fail so far today!!one consolation is that its still warm and humid!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Skies starting to look more promising here,with some big grey towers rising to the south.

Posted

This Evening and Tonight: A few scattered thunderstorms with heavy rain possible this evening over the Highlands. Rain developing more widely after midnight, heavy and persistent across the west. Freshening northerly winds across the west. Minimum Temperature 9 °C. woo there forecast thunderstorms

so maybe good bye NSC

Edited by Stuart

Posted

0.o Its got lightning! 

Its not according to NW extra

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Lots of cumulus congestus clouds have gone up to the W in the past hour. I'll see what happens. I am to near the coast and the wind is too strong to get anything here unless I get an import, later.

Posted

Oh that that was always missing the SE, wonder why no sferics on NW for that part, the Irish ones are picked up?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Considering the clouds look like they are breaking up as they reach me, I would say my 37% of a storm would more or less hit the mark. But yeah been nosing at the weather long enough to know things can change in a matter of minutes. Today has been painfully frustrating for a lover of storms in my area.