Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase day 5 - travelling west!

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Starting from Indiana again this morning, heading west towards Kansas City (and Kansas). Largely a travel day, but a nice see text popped up earlier, so maybe a few crashes and bangs along the way - stay tuned!

Posted

Again, you say "Again" is Indiana that BIG you can't get out of it in a day?

I can hear Paul singing..

Indiana wants meLordI can't go back there.Indiana wants meLordI can't go back thereI wish I had you to talk to.If a man ever needed dyin'He didno one had the rightTo say what he said about youIt's so cold and lonely here

R. Dean Taylor Lyrics : 1

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Unseasonably cold air mass in place over IL and MO with a weak wave evident in northeast Missouri (MO) ... by the way Iowa is IA not IO as I sometimes see here, IO is not a state but could be my credit rating ... freezing level around 850 mb and -10 C at 700 mb on 12z soundings ... would expect some small hail with any thundershowers that develop and dress warmly as temperatures in sunshine will be near 16 C but could drop to about 12 C in heavy showers. RGEM seems to be saying southern central IL for maximum convective potential with these almost autumnal showers later. Carbondale IL is site of the mega tornado disaster of March 18, 1925 -- might be worth a look for any museum etc. That town was pretty much wiped out along with a good deal of the surrounding area with a death toll of over 700. Sort of like Greensburg without radar or TV warnings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

It would be rude to not visit the Papa Bob's Barbecue as seen on Man vs Food. No one accepted the 5.5lb challenge, but we did eat a small farmyard between us.post-1056-0-55717700-1400208194_thumb.jp

• Like 1