Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The 12Z up to 3pm Sunday shows an upgrade again, for many areas. It's nice to see, but how many runs will continue the theme?

Probably a few more so that people get really excited, before the inevitable shift eastwards and downgrade of ingridients late tommorrow/early Sunday. 

As always.

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 1.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From earlier. This is about as good as I got due to it being daytime  

Another one approaching me.   https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/19845-/

As a 32 Year old, When I see storms heading for me, I'm like a child running between windows , up and downstairs, checking the radars. Grabbing the camera, running again up an downstairs. Jumping up a

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Probably a few more so that people get really excited, before the inevitable shift eastwards and downgrade of ingridients late tommorrow/early Sunday. 

As always.

Always the optimist :D

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Hmmmm. Seems to have taken a slight downgrade on all days for my area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Still looks warm, humid and thundery to start next week

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Second half of the week still looks like it will turn fresher

Posted Image

I think the most noticeable thing early next week will be the warm nights

Edited by Summer Sun
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

with the high soaring buzzards and swifts confirming the Lift figures(-3)......all we need is something to break on through to the other side :rolleyes: and connect with the 500kj of cape above the area........ :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms, heatwaves, extreme weather

Well id be lying if i said i wasn't exited about the prospects of next Monday and Tuesday! 

Fingers crossed that we all see some action!

I'm particularly hoping for a storm at night, not seen lightning at night for a good 3 or 4 years now! 

Yep hoping for a thundery 2nd half of May! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Always the realist  :hi:

Chris, I keep on telling ya, you have to move from Rugeley, it's that damn powerstation and chimney stack, it kills snow, storms, the economy and rumour has it, peace in our time  :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Some very high rainfall totals on show again this afternoon for some western parts below is the accumulated totals to the 24th

Posted Image

Edited by Summer Sun

NMM showing showers breaking out on Sunday PM across western areas up into the North. Monday then looks rather thundery and tasty indeed!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Looks like pulses of heavy rain and possible thunderstorms continuing to move up from the south through much of the week

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

I was about to comment on how conservative the Met Office outlook was, with regard to storms. However, when I refreshed the page, look what happened.......

:good:

post-17315-0-02491100-1400263340_thumb.p

• Like 8
    Posted

The other day when this was all hinted at via the models? I almost fell out of my chair at the potental for even us up here for next week. Sure it's been downgraded quite a bit but monday still looks good. Either way wherever you are it may well be a very interesting week to come..................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This is looking very good indeed. I've been comparing these charts to charts in the past that provided notable convective events and this gives them quite a run for their money as it stands. I think we could see a series of elevated night lightning events drift up from the continent and if we are very lucky under ripe enough conditions, some surface based action with possible big hail and even a few funnel clouds/tornadoes accompanied by high volumes of lightning activity migrating Northwards. All wishful thinking you could say, however, under the charts at present, I cant help but say this screams all that I've mentioned above. 

I so hope this doesn't go down the pan now, we've been waiting for something like this for some time!

• Like 3
    Posted

Pls I hope the don't miss me this time but they will most likely miss me as usual :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

We've come this far, I'm begging we don't see it all start to slip away by Monday. North Irish Sea seems to be getting some of the largest rainfall accumulations according to current outputs, hopefully all accompanied by thunder and lightning!

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This is looking very good indeed. I've been comparing these charts to charts in the past that provided notable convective events and this gives them quite a run for their money as it stands. I think we could see a series of elevated night lightning events drift up from the continent and if we are very lucky under ripe enough conditions, some surface based action with possible big hail and even a few funnel clouds/tornadoes accompanied by high volumes of lightning activity migrating Northwards. All wishful thinking you could say, however, under the charts at present, I cant help but say this screams all that I've mentioned above. 

I so hope this doesn't go down the pan now, we've been waiting for something like this for some time!

Sunday night could provide the first of these overnight events moving north and then on Monday it is looking very interesting as the high CAPE values being forecast couple with increasing amounts of deep layer shear, low level shear and some helicity from the west. If these parameters fall into place we could indeed be looking at some very juicy thunderstorms by day and spectacular lightning displays by night, both homegrown and imported.

I just hope this doesn't end up being a let down.

Before that, the low risk again of some isolated storms tomorrow in the SE and EA but it is a very low risk and may come to nothing much like today where the cap held firm. Sunday may also offer a risk, better chances than today/tomorrow, in the northern half of the country with less of a cap in place in these areas by Sunday. 

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I was about to comment on how conservative the Met Office outlook was, with regard to storms. However, when I refreshed the page, look what happened.......

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifMO-20140516.png

Weird. I asked Becki who is doing the Met office twitter tonight and got told just rain...

Posted

North/Western areas of France are under thunderstorm risk on Monday and pretty much whole country on Tues and Wed. Let's hope they share some with us.

Posted

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifMO-20140516.png

we going to miss out :wallbash: but the met has us on heavy rain watch from 10 to 4pm wednesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

we going to miss out :wallbash: but the met has us on heavy rain watch from 10 to 4pm wednesday.

Don't take those forecasts as gospel. It's impossible to pinpoint thunderstorm development 5 hours ahead, let alone 5 days.

Edited by Nick L
    • Like 5
    Posted
    paul m, on 16 May 2014 - 20:43, said:

Weird. I asked Becki who is doing the Met office twitter tonight and got told just rain...

Better ask her why her weather map shows lots of lightning symbols then.  :cc_confused:

Posted

Don't take those forecasts as gospel. It's impossible to pinpoint thunderstorm development 5 hours ahead, let alone 5 days.

thanks nick :sorry:  :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Better ask her why her weather map shows lots of lightning symbols then.  :cc_confused:

Lol...Probably having a bad night...

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms / Sunshine / Snow

I really wouldn't look into specific charts or forecasts too much it will drive you mad.

At this stage there is still uncertainty on just how thundery any activity will be.

Any advanced alerts, warnings, lightning symbols etc are highlighting the risk. Nothing is certain until the day...its hard to hold back my excitement but I know we have been here before only for it all to get quashed on the day.

Plenty of opportunity being forecasted...just need to get to the nowcasting part and hope we get a delivery of the electrical kind! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up....but really, I can't help it. I hope we get some cracking storms next week. Fingers, toes, eyes and everything it's possible to cross is crossed for us all. :)

• Like 5