Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 14th May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

hey all - I haven't given up hope yet for Cirencester - would take a stab that the jet max nosing in to the sw currently has put us under a right exit and therefore descent for the last couple of hours (the bullseye is 170km/h over landsend at 4:00 am!)  - still haven't given up hope that when this exit region moves hastily out of the way, the mcs wont deliver!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Plus it is dying out! Reply to P^

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Was lightening hunting out the back window looking south when I see a strike north  :cc_confused:

No thunder though here, Netweather radar shows a strike in Billericay, lightening maps show Chelmsford / Witham area lol

Was directly north of me so I'm sticking with Chelms/Witham

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted

Yes things livening up across Wales again at least

Posted

oooh THUNDER in Essex

thought I heard a clap 10 mins ago but thought I was imaginng it

proper clap and roll just then :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Hey all, been reading on and off all day. Very exciting stuff!! Pretty cool to see a mcs type feature heading NW, i think every mcs i have watched before always dives east at the last minute, but not today. Good luck everyone who is staying up to radar watch!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Amazing how we can still get intensification/development of storms without any sunshine! As others have said its not surface conditions, its definitely atmospheric conditions! 

Posted

just seen radar return for the cell in Essex I heard a few mins ago

literally popped up above Chelmsford lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just seen radar return for the cell in Essex I heard a few mins ago

literally popped up above Chelmsford lol

yep, just noticed that....thought it was anaprop but ran the radar loop and it's the real deal....nice one

Posted

Back into now casting mode. Can hear distant rumbles again. 

• Like 2

Posted

Flashes and rumbles moving closer towards me. Amazing how quick these have developed, given there's no sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still lurking and waiting for something to happen here. I went on a mini chase earlier this evening and got as far as Stone in Staffordshire where I was able to see a small cell give a few flashes before it died out. Nothing overly impressive but more than there has been in Derby.

Latest run puts the main risk tomorrow north of me but that is okay, I finish work at 12 and so can head off up north. Currently thinking somewhere such as the Humber area may be a good bet but I shall look again tomorrow as the models are quite volatile at the minute (in more ways than one).

Thursday looking good for here also.

• Like 2

Posted

i better man up i hate storms but looks like eceryone is gonna get a few before the end of the month. bbc said we will stay in this unstable air till then

Posted

Nice to see that little cell pop up in the east, interesting radar watching tonight :)

Edited by Grazy2266

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Had a cracking storm over Merseyside about 8/9 o'clock this evening, gutted as I was working and couldn't get outside long enough to watch. What's the chances of more for over night here. Looked on radar but the ones in North Wales seem too far west of me for a hit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Can you stretch to York lol...gut feeling somewhere around there will get quite a show. :) afternoon time of course.

Yes I can manage York as not too far from my target area of the Humber. I will see what the morning runs have to offer :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I few little cells just developed on either side of me. I suspect this mcs will decal but in the process triggering new home grown storms into the morning. Hopefully!

Posted

another cell popped up south east of luton and something developing just north of Milton Keynes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just a little light rain here in Falmouth. Maybe something tomorrow.

Posted

The little cell southeast of Luton looks like it decided to die lol hehe

Posted

Plenty of lightning flashing away to the Ne through the bedroom window.

Posted

Yes I can manage York as not too far from my target area of the Humber. I will see what the morning runs have to offer :)

Do you think anything will develop around Derbyshire area tomorrow mate? 

I wont have the car until 4:00 pm so im considering if i should stay put or head north like yourself